ReaperCon 2019 pictures!

OneBoot

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

And a close-up of the painting @Guindyloo and @buglips*the*goblin did on two of the rocks:

RC2.jpg.79ba5847ca29b89c2fa61afc072c1a7d.jpg

Guindy's Ludo is fantastic.

Thank you so much. I was really proud of how he turned out. I don’t attempt a lot of 2D art these days, but I had so much fun painting that little Ludo that I think it might be something that I’ll carve a little bit more time out for in the future. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I was super sad I never had a chance to talk to Shoshie, I had so many questions!!! I at least took several close-up reference pictures. 

I was sad I never  ::(:  got a chance to say hi to you. I tried. I spotted you a few times from way across the room on Saturday (the only day I was there ::(: ) but you were scurrying too fast for real life me. 

20190831_154738.jpg

I love this picture. Bobby Jackson with a halo! A slightly askew halo!!

hehehehe...

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

FYI, I've asked a mod to relocate the "feedback for improvement" posts to their own thread, as I think there's a lot of good info there and don't want it to end up getting pruned as off-topic. :) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I also suggest taking a year off. 

Yeah. Yeah! That’s what I did!

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

instead of working all year on a ReaperCon entry for next year,  just spend the year painting some fun stuff, concentrating only on making each piece a little bit better than the last one.   Then look at them all in August and pick one or two to show off at ReaperCon without worrying if they'll even get bronze. 

Ooo... yeah, didn’t do that second part nearly as much. 

Picture to make up for it. Wife was blown away by this figure when I showed them to her:

8366EA81-4F49-4325-9144-C5151D8C55FD.thumb.jpeg.5fbc96c02eb8f023fcef0d8cbd7bfcee.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

FYI, I've asked a mod to relocate the "feedback for improvement" posts to their own thread, as I think there's a lot of good info there and don't want it to end up getting pruned as off-topic. :) 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

That conversation has now been moved to this thread:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87978-tips-for-entering-reaper-painting-competitions/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

But you left half the context behind and made me look like I pompously started a thread talking about my gold medals for no reason. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5