Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Female fighter Sculpted by Bob Charette

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

With this figure, it took me forever to figure out what color I wanted her clothing to be, so after a long and painful struggle just gave up and made them white.

I have problems working out what colours to use for clothes even if it's a modern-day figure.

• Like 2

White suits her well!

Gives an Amazone look IMHO.

She looks awesome, great work on the skin and gems.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, planetmut said:

I have problems working out what colours to use for clothes even if it's a modern-day figure.

It's where I always get stuck unless I have some kind of color plan ahead of time or unless it's just painfully obvious. I'm painting Juliana the Herbalist right now and she's more logical to me, natural colors, greens, browns and beigy whites.

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

White suits her well!

Gives an Amazone look IMHO.

She looks awesome, great work on the skin and gems.

Thank you very much Glitterwolf, she does give off kind of an Amazon vibe, doesn't she?  The skin started off as tan skin from Reaper, figured a warrior is outdoors a lot, needs to have some kind of tan.

46 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

She looks nice!

For those who want their own, I think she's still sold by Iron Wind Metals (03-056).

Yup, she's still available out there! Lovely little miniature, not exactly sure when she was originally sculpted, but some time in the eighties without a doubt!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loim said:

Lovely work. 

Thank you Loim, I really enjoyed painting her!  Let's face it though, I enjoy painting virtually anything I can get my hands on!

10 hours ago, Warlady said:

Beautiful - love her face!

Thanks Warlady, it's crazy with our funky modern cameras how good of closeups we can actually get!  Sometimes that's good and sometimes not so good, always depends.

She is lovely. Your whites are amazing.  I'm trying to remember if I have this one or not. If I do mine certainly doesn't look this good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

She is lovely. Your whites are amazing.  I'm trying to remember if I have this one or not. If I do mine certainly doesn't look this good. 

Thank you Inarah, I started off with leather white, then some blues, greys, and dark skin elf triad with a highlight color of pure white. 

If you have the figure around, you should paint her up and show her off and if you don't have one, you could always buy one, they're still available with Iron Wind!

Nicely done! One of my favorite RP minis, and one of the few I have that was sculpted by Bob Charette. Someday I'll get it painted. :-)

15 hours ago, GreyHorde said:

Nicely done! One of my favorite RP minis, and one of the few I have that was sculpted by Bob Charette. Someday I'll get it painted. :-)

No time like the present!   Throw some paint on her!

I think sadly I forget about Bob Charette as a Partha sculptor, I usually think about Meier, Mize and Guthrie, but there are a number of other sculptors who worked at Partha too back in the day!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this