Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Dimetrodon by Dennis Mize

I like the loud, "loopy" or "goofy" colors!  And, heck, even "least satisfied" still falls in the painted category, so, that's a positive move.  Fun paint job, nicely done. 

• Like 4

I like it!

It's a tiny one, I got one from a BOGW last year and want to paint it.

The colours and patterns are great, why are you not satisfied?

• Like 3

The fin looks nice!  I'm not personally sold on the rest of the coloration but that's personal opinion.  (Maybe it would help if the spots were a little grayer to match the rest of the body?)

I think this is still available through Iron Wind Metals (DF-241).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sentinel said:

I like the loud, "loopy" or "goofy" colors!  And, heck, even "least satisfied" still falls in the painted category, so, that's a positive move.  Fun paint job, nicely done. 

Thanks Sentinel!  I was figuring that they can't all be just dull colors, but I might have gone too "Clown" with this one!

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like it!

It's a tiny one, I got one from a BOGW last year and want to paint it.

The colours and patterns are great, why are you not satisfied?

She's really small!   I think it's part of how do you go around shading spots and such, and I'm not to happy how that turned out.  I think the other part was photographing him.  It took at least twenty or so shots before I got him even half way decent, and in the end I had to focus on the fin and move the focus down to the body so it wouldn't be too out of focus.  

4 hours ago, paintybeard said:

*puts on sunglasses*...

Great colour choices!

Thanks! I'm glad that somebody approves! I wonder if I were to do him over again, how I'd handle him?

46 minutes ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

The fin looks nice!  I'm not personally sold on the rest of the coloration but that's personal opinion.  (Maybe it would help if the spots were a little grayer to match the rest of the body?)

I think this is still available through Iron Wind Metals (DF-241).

Yeah, the fin colors and the rest of those stripes and spots are supposed to kind of tie together, but not so sure how well it did. I kind of started out with a lighter blue, and then threw in some darker blues, but then don't know if that was enough.  And yes, he's still out there at Iron Wind.  They still have tons of old school minis, from the seventies all the way up to this century!

• Like 3

If you want it all to blend in more and tone it down.

Take a darker shade of that grey and make glaze.

Glaze till satisfied.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If you want it all to blend in more and tone it down.

Take a darker shade of that grey and make glaze.

Glaze till satisfied.

Thank you very much for the advice, but sadly I'm just too lazy. Once a figure is done it's hard for me to go back to it and make improvements, especially with my backlog of thousands!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Thank you very much for the advice, but sadly I'm just too lazy. Once a figure is done it's hard for me to go back to it and make improvements, especially with my backlog of thousands!

No worries, I think it looks good.

It's more because you said you weren't that satisfied.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

No worries, I think it looks good.

It's more because you said you weren't that satisfied.

Appreciate it Glitterwolf!  I wonder if one is ever really satisfied with one's work though ultimately?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Appreciate it Glitterwolf!  I wonder if one is ever really satisfied with one's work though ultimately?

Since we are our own worst critics, usually not -_-

• Like 1

I like the color scheme. It could use more grays and greens, though.

Just kidding about the grays and greens. I'm a big fan of orange and blue. I'm slowly bringing my GF around to it. She didn't use to understand it at all, but is coming around as I show her more examples. This is a good one!

3 hours ago, Madog Barfog said:

I like the color scheme. It could use more grays and greens, though.

Just kidding about the grays and greens. I'm a big fan of orange and blue. I'm slowly bringing my GF around to it. She didn't use to understand it at all, but is coming around as I show her more examples. This is a good one!

Hopefully this helps her appreciate the colors of the Dutch flag a little bit more!

Dutch flag? I'll have to check that out.

i always refer to an early 70s Porsche race car sponsored by Gulf. I think it was a 917. I had a soft spot for Porsches, before they mainly started making SUVs.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this