Sign in to follow this  
Jasper_the_2nd

Jasper paints a Tabaxi Rogue

We're starting a new 5th Ed D&D campaign in a couple weeks.  I decided I might play a rogue, so I wandered down to the LFGS at lunch and looked at what was there (because I obviously have NO miniatures already I could use).

Spotted the Tabaxi Rogue female pack from WizKids (I like the sculpts and poses of the female figs more than the male ones) so that's going to be my next character.

tabaxi_rogue_prime.jpg.f50ac64bad058a580e7615ae0a81eb44.jpg

Cool fig, primer isn't too bad.  Some nasty mold lines but I only have a week to paint this so I'm not messing with them.  Maybe after I'll clean up the "advanced" version and do a better job on her.

And after some time fiddling with colours.

tabaxi_rogue_colours_front.jpg.274acd75f3e904467d15f415723aab08.jpgtabaxi_rogue_colours_back.jpg.2460f9fa0eb8efa3a8b6ed27b6271a69.jpg

Well, that looks a mess.  Just figuring out colours.

Skin base is MSP Alien Flesh.  Cloth is MSPB Succubus Kiss. Had AV Model Air Black handy so used that to start base coating metals.  And leather is MSP Leather Brown.  Still not sure on the leather but I'll give it some time to think about it and maybe try a wash on it.

• Like 17

As expected, yesterday was a write off.  I made it to 9 pm before collapsing in bed after my massage....

tabaxi_washes.jpg.093301a79d5b0d043006669fe405b979.jpg

Today I touched up the skin a bit.  Then hit everything but the reds and blacks with AP Strong Tone.  And let that set.

Doesn't look like she will be ready for next Monday....but maybe the week after, depending on what next week is like.....

• Like 11

Wow, been almost a month....been a bit busy with other things (listed a house, accepted an offer on a house, viewed some houses,  had an offer accepted on a house, lots of packing, getting conditions met, etc...still so much to do).

So, since I haven't picked up a brush in a month....let's do eyes! :upside:

tabaxi_eyes.jpg.f402d967364daf37b0f782a0d538eb93.jpg

Took a few tries but finally something passable I think.  Need to do some cleanup around them, but not doing that tonight. Blackened Brown for the lining, first coat of Golden Glow, then Jade Green. Pupil slit is vallejo Model Air Black.

Also put one more coat of Succubus Kiss on.

Hopefully be back with another update more quickly than last time....character is up to third level already....

• Like 13

On 9/4/2019 at 7:42 AM, AuralEntropy said:

Looks great, but that is definitely not a tabaxi rogue... 

tabaxi rogue small.jpg

That error isn't limited to that one. FLGS had either black dragon hill giants or the other way around when that wave came out.

• Like 2

Had a great massage yesterday, got rid of most of the tightness in my shoulders (packing to move is hard on my back) so I was able to hold a paint brush without it shaking tonight!

I just did a little 20-30 minute session, as I didn't want to push my neck and back too much (although I'll probably trash them again this weekend between the 8+ hours of driving and yet more packing).

So I worked on the red.  

tabaxi_reds.jpg.9602c0721d6598ecf64ccf4d2a8b93cc.jpg

Lighting is crap for picture taking, but I think I've highlighted it.  I will probably give it another pass, but I don't want bright highlights.  She's a rogue after all and not likely to be hanging out in bright sunlight or anything.

• Like 12

Finally got back to work on this, with a decent amount of time.

tabaxi_base_started_front.jpg.6a8e1ae58fb92aa06111cf51c4598bad.jpgtabaxi_base_started_back.jpg.786a037a644f677e1c1e53977a6743e2.jpg

All I think I really have left to do is finish the face and maybe put some markings on the tail and maybe hands.

And finish the base of course.
Pretty happy with where she is now, for table top.

Plan is to have her finished next week.  Guess I'll have to either buy some spray sealer or use brush on.  I have no idea where my current spray is packed.......

• Like 7

And she's done, as I'm out of time ::):).

Actually finished her up yesterday, after a brutally painful massage that got my shoulder working enough to paint without shaking.

tabaxi_done_front.jpg.fb75da90f92fe0f523da02cfc51341fa.jpgtabaxi_done_back.jpg.3d5b6087f135cad65f8285416ea698bd.jpg

After the photos I hit her with a spray of testors glosscote and then later a first coat of dullcote,  to get that much in before the rain started.  She's still too shiny, but it's packing time so the can of dullcote goes home as well, and I'll give her another spray or two whenever the rain stops.

• Like 9

On 11/1/2019 at 2:50 AM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

And she's done, as I'm out of time ::):).

Actually finished her up yesterday, after a brutally painful massage that got my shoulder working enough to paint without shaking.

tabaxi_done_front.jpg.fb75da90f92fe0f523da02cfc51341fa.jpgtabaxi_done_back.jpg.3d5b6087f135cad65f8285416ea698bd.jpg

After the photos I hit her with a spray of testors glosscote and then later a first coat of dullcote,  to get that much in before the rain started.  She's still too shiny, but it's packing time so the can of dullcote goes home as well, and I'll give her another spray or two whenever the rain stops.

Great job!

Put her in SHOW OFF!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this