Sign in to follow this  
Evilhalfling

Invisible humans and Ghosts

Thief : Blue Ink base + black ink to show details  (least happy) 

Cleric : angelic ghost or spiritual weapon spell.  Yellow ink + TMM 

Ranger: painted by minispawn.  ill take it. Makes a great ghost 

Wizard: nulin Oil + higlights of green ink  (fav) 

Fighter: I only painted the base. (represents an invisible PC pretty well.) 

I should talk to @Doug Sundseth about this again, since he is teaching a class on it, probably today.  Not sure im happy with the set. 

invisibles.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 22

7 hours ago, golldan said:

Did you lay down a base at all? In a few posts on the translucent bones, there were some comments on putting down a base varnish (matte or glossy) and then applying the inks or washes. Found one of them below.

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87575-experiments-with-translucent-bones-models/

No I forgot that step.  Just soap and water.  I mixed some brush on sealer as a thinner, to avoid the hydrophobia found in many bones. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

I recently bought some Greenstuffworld colourshift paints & eagerly wanting to try them out, I searched through my (huge) Bones backlog for a suitably metallic mini. I grabbed the fantastically ominious Iron Golem from the Bones 4 Stoneskull Expansion & got to work.

The blue areas are the colourshift paint, all the other areas are standard paints.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's not as easy to see the effect on these pics as it is with your own eyes but you can make it out. There's no shading or highlighting on these areas apart from some silver to pick out the rivets & sharp edges on the arm plates.

Thanks for looking!

• By Ludo
      Per Izzy,
      If you picked up either of the Art Books in the Bones III and IV kick-starters and would like to get them autographed, be sure to bring them with you to ReaperCon. Izzy will be signing them when time allows. 
    • By BananeDC
      Hop, here we go !

Succubi (nude) :
      https://postimg.cc/DmM9ZxJP

• By Bane Of Humanity
      I didnt do too much detail on these guys.  I was mostly just using up paint that I had mixed for my goblins.  Im not entirely a fan of these guys but I figured Id paint them up anyone for a Tundra themed campaign Im working on.

• By Maledrakh
      WizKids make both Nolur's Marvelous and Pathfinder Deep Cuts miniatures, both similar in style, scale and the primer. These, however, were clear transparent with just their integral bases primed light grey.

I started by painting them all over with Army painter Anti-Shine Matte varnish. Then I gave them a wash of Citadel Casandora Yellow shade.
      When dry I then drybrushed carefully, using only "twelve to six"-strokes (think of a clock, the strokes going straight downward) with a pinkish red, a dark reddish brown and black.
      As these paints were both thin and carefully applied, the effect is much like a tasty gummy bear.
      Some dark blue in the eye cavities, followed by Army Painter Crystal Blue and Reaper Copper Verdigris on the eyeballs to make that demonic glow.
      The collars were painted with scale color Black Metal, followed by Army Painter Alien Purple and Scalecolor Deep Blue, topped with some more Black Metal.
      Inside the open mouth I painted some Citadel Yriel Yellow and Reaper Pure White.

Hell Hounds are really big dogs!
      I did the bases with black flock directly beneath the hounds, with a crescent of my normal green flockmix to the front. I dabbed some yellow and orange paint along the edges to hint at burning grass. The bases themselves are 3D-printed 30mm x 45mm lipped ovals.

72581 Hell Hounds
      Pathfinder Deep Cuts by WizKids
      Transparent PVC
      30x45mm bases
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 226 Guests (See full list)