Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Oakhearth warden 14581

I have not seen any painted that way, but I bet it would look very cool!

Well here's my first 2 stages of test.  I used the Red hair triad, plus some sun yellow for the final highlight

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

• Like 10

I don't know how many people are watching this, but this was the next step.  I shade coated the cloak, then used black wash on each scale to deepen the color.  Then I completely messed up the leaf on the breastplate by trying to put leaf veins on it, and it's now being redone.

IMG_0576.JPG

• Like 10

And the armor is about as done as I'm going to get it.   Hopefully it all comes together and works in the end.  If anyone is watching, thanks!

IMG_0591.JPG

• Like 8

Thanks.  I think I'm going to need to do a glaze to bring back some of the red tint, it has too much yellow on the scale, but overall I am happy with it.  I just noticed last night that the cloak clasp is another oak leaf, so I need to decide if I'm going to paint it in color or metal.  

I upgraded (?) my picture taking rig, so maybe these will be better.  I got sidetracked into painting minis for Deadzone for a couple weeks so I just got back to him.  

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

• Like 6

Had a painting detour, but now I'm back to this guy.  I'm not sold on the gold metallic on the shield, I think it blends in too much.  Might try silver.

image0.jpg.7aa03e2a2542b701754ccc5337ec8b4a.jpg

• Like 6

Calling this guy done.  Played with the my field-expedient light box today, made a big difference.

IMG_0697.jpg

• Like 8