Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Last Grind For Level 42!(September Hobby Goals!)

On 9/1/2019 at 9:32 PM, EvilJames said:

Make some Ghost Archipelago terrain.

Get some crews speed painted for ghost archipleigo

Piant a dragon

Clean my desk and maybe finish off a few things on it before I start yet another project

Also get pictures of what I have gotten done, because I've actually been painting a decent amount lately. Not nearly enough to start clearing off the shelf but enough that the shelf shouldn't grow too bad yet.

Good luck. I tried this and got stuck at step 1 making some ghost archipelago terrain.

buckyball

• Like 4

So, at the mid-month check in, I have finished all the Minifig “Mythical Earth” orcs I had primed, but haven’t gotten the next units filed and primed. I’ve gotten distracted by working on some home cast barbarians to be early Saxons which were ready to paint. I should have them based up this week and be ready to grab the next thing, whatever that turns out to be. 

3B5AE93A-7F89-4A5A-89A4-AC5F0FC92FF5.thumb.jpeg.33492b73eb9179ce7dbffffb35c2ec2d.jpeg

• Like 6

Haven't painted in months but I have worked on my D&D campaigns.  They are stable, so now (on Talk Like A Pirates Day) I believe I will dig out some of the Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea in my collection and paint at least three to go along with the Ghosts of Saltmarsh.  Along with the Dreadmere Fishing Boat I just bought.  And like many others I need to clean up my desk.

• Like 6

On 8/31/2019 at 7:46 PM, Evilhalfling said:

September

lots more bones3,  if I want to be done by Aug next year im going to have to step it up.  (6.45 per month) 

1 metal something, 

2 more 2" canvases for Lizardmen 

Assemble Lizardman bust. 

10 bones3 figures.  first goal check. 

metal - maester Luwin - Darkswor - Prepped and glued.  

lizardmen Nope. 

+ two Bones lycanthropes on elaborate bases.  Alligator - Swamp and Bear - Forest 

these are getting easier. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 3

Given that I've cleaned up my desk in order to have room to actually do things, I suspect I won't get all those goals done, but I'm happy... I've still painted somewhat during this month.  Not as much as I've wanted, but still sitting down for a few sessions sure beats just one in a month! 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, SparrowMarie said:

Goals. Finish as much of this as possible. I'm sure there are things I've forgotten.

0902191626.thumb.jpg.c0675f840443042f20e9c9baaf8d4e53.jpg

Most of this got put on the back burner because one of the games fell through.

I started:

• Fungal Queen
  • Arael conversion
  • Continued assembly on Forbidden Fortress
  • Pond diorama got started, kind of.

I finished:

• Buying Ma'al a base
  • Paint swatches
  • Minitaur

Annnnd that's it.

• Like 6

On 8/31/2019 at 5:25 PM, Werkrobotwerk said:

goals

paint admech army, just gonna keep putting it here until I finally do it.

paint bones substitutes for a freeblades team. the first of them was actually done last month, but I have a bunch of archers and fish mongers to paint.

paint rogue traders

paint the cat people

more zombicide invader

some other thing that I'll get distracted and do instead of the things I have planned

no time to paint tomorrow, so here's the tally

admech army 0 minis painted

free blades substitutes: 9 minis painted 3 bones rogues, a leaping woman with simitars, the september bones of the month mini, bones 4 fish monger, bones 4 wingless sophie, bones 4 milkmaid, woman with a bow

rogue traders didn't entirely finish any

paint cats no

zombicide invader 3 minis roy, priss, and some robot woman

other stuff

2 battle android troopers

2 bones 4 guards

1 robot devil

1 blackstar corsair with sword and shield

1 blackstar corsair "scope doug"

1 mageknight orc doctor

a total of 20 minis

20190929_174214.png

20190929_220359.png

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
Oops, I finished one last mini tonight.
  • Like 9

On 9/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, Inarah said:

Much the same as last month, but more!

-- photograph completed figures

-- put said figures into storage boxes

-- complete partially painted figures

-- prep and prime new figures

-- rinse and repeat

-- sort and log Reapercon acquisitions

-- put said figures into storage boxes

-- get broccoli together for the paint and take this month

-- refill BoGW with the redacted I got at the con

I photographed 14 figures, 12 of which I painted in September.  Stuff still needs to be put away. 

A few figures were prepped and primed.  Reapercon acquisitions haven't been logged. 

Paint and Take went off beautifully.  I got a huge number of donations for next year and have started assembling and priming.

BoGW is ready to go when I get an address. 

Calling it a good month. 

• Like 6

I actually painted and finished (other than the bases) 2 minis.  FInally got out of my painting funk last week, and then I got a cold this weekend, so no painting Saturday or Sunday.

• Like 5

Well, it looks like I ended up finishing a group of 7 vintage orcs, and a group of 16 home cast Saxons, for a respectable month. Unfortunately, I still didn’t get back to work on the 40mm French Revolution. 

282F483A-F7FA-4512-8357-B4DDADED3A84.thumb.jpeg.6f762266df0ade62ec1be3cb1086ef57.jpeg

00A33AE8-CDB6-4064-8F56-D00865A920E2.thumb.jpeg.78f3ef505f1121aa364644c2c74eb53b.jpeg

I have the first four of a unit of eight Romano-British done (to oppose the Saxons), but they only go into the logbook when based and varnish...so presumably October. 

5C7DE619-94E1-48CC-9492-E5B7E23780C1.thumb.jpeg.6750537aefd206397d7cfef13601a461.jpeg

That stray Foundry Norman should get based up as well. He’s been on a painting stick and primed since 1998 or so...:wacko:

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, Citrine said:

I actually painted and finished (other than the bases) 2 minis.  FInally got out of my painting funk last week, and then I got a cold this weekend, so no painting Saturday or Sunday.

This is pretty close to how I did too. Finally painted a few minis after a couple months of no action and then got sick over the few days I could've had a lot of time. So spent the last few days laying around. Hoping to start painting regularly again soon.

• Like 6

On 8/31/2019 at 7:46 PM, Evilhalfling said:

September

lots more bones3,  if I want to be done by Aug next year im going to have to step it up.  (6.45 per month) 

1 metal something, 

2 more 2" canvases for Lizardmen 

Assemble Lizardman bust. 

Links for show-off threads.

still did not get to lizardmen. 

September

1. Noble lady
  2. Werealligator w/basing
  3. (4) Orcs
  4. Grave Spirit- female
  5. Werebear w/basing
  6. Girl on rock, demon hunter
  7. Iron Maiden
  8. Maester Luwin - Darksword 
  • Like 6

On 8/31/2019 at 7:37 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Got a few that come to mind for this month...

• More work on Wyrmgear.  Kinda really miss working on this guy.
  • Continued work on Ritterlich CAVs.  I want everything I have trimmed, assembled, base goop'd, and at least primered.  Would be great if i could get, I dunno, two paws worth of CAVs fully painted too.
  • Clean up, tidy, and organize painting area.  It's a clutter-fest again
  • Try to paint (or something hobby-related) at least a little bit every day!
  • If they come in at a reasonable time, have a game or three with hubby to see if he enjoys BattleTech or not.  Then prime the minis that are in that box!

I got some more work on my CAVs, and did tidy up my painting area, so there definitely is that... I've done at least something every day since I cleaned it up, so there's at least that, so I'm calling it even, with a little bit of being ahead ^_^

• Like 4

On 9/2/2019 at 10:08 PM, ratsmitglied said:
  • Tidy my office (it's been built for almost two years, at the moment boxes are all over the floor after I replaced the shelving to make it a more comfortable space)
  • Assemble my WarGods Amazon army
  • Start printing objectives and scenery for a tournament in January
  • Get commission prints completed

I got 3 and 4 done, 1 and 2, well, I had some other things take my attention...

• Like 4

On 9/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, Warlady said:

Running a little behind on goals, but I'm back from Montana and ready to paint!

Start on the Red Dragon of Krynn project.  Maybe do a WIP for it?

Sort through minis I need to part with, setting aside ones my grandsons will like

Finish at least 3 minis on my paint table

I think that will do for now.

Still haven't started the Red Dragon.  Got distracted by making fairy houses instead.  But I did paint more than 3 minis, so made some progress.  And I've started a box of minis for my boys.

• Like 3