40mm Prince August artillery crew

Rob Dean

Without going into the whole background, these guys are from Prince August “Irish Wild Geese” 40mm semi-flat home casting molds.  I’ve been working with these molds and figures for almost thirty years at this point, and have enough for most purposes, so it’s been a while since I painted any.  Pictures of games with them can be found on my blog.  We generally paint them somewhere in the classic toy soldier spectrum rather than as museum-style diorama miniatures, and these, like the rest of my collection, are done in fictitious uniforms for imaginary countries. (Or “imagi-nations” in historical miniature wargamer jargon...)

B71247AF-0856-4A5B-B305-3963675750B8.thumb.jpeg.6a6a52ae2e7fdf0e9e6f069d1d119947.jpeg

23F92BD5-233E-4008-BB46-F6C73B5473C8.thumb.jpeg.fb389426b7bbe6989aec3e5ed856a4eb.jpeg

While they may presently get their own cannon, here they are grouped around one of my generic spares, to show that the field hockey player is really aiming by using a lever to move the trail.

F1004442-417C-4A5C-B66E-2478176F66D1.thumb.jpeg.7bb26222da164b3e58126f1d63b10f84.jpeg

• Like 21

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like it, nostalgic set!

It may be nostalgia to you, but it’s business as usual in my club. ::D:

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Oh wow, haven't seen these for years! Lovely stuff...

They have recently been adding more historically correct Seven Years War figures, but there is some scale creep vis-a-vis these guys, who were already exhibiting creep from the original Holger Erikson sculpts. I’ve ended up with a bunch of those molds, too.  Both groups are still in production...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1