Mckenna35

SWAG Bags for sale when? If?

I personally wish that pre-registrations were guarenteed all swag bag contents by registration date. But i understand that is a logistical nightmare and not realistic. What is more feasible is having one set of swag bags for pre registrations and a separate pile for walk ups. 

Not going to solve the online swag bags, so this is an entirely selfish wish, since I have gotten a bag missing at least 1 thing both years I have gone. @7Ninjasinatrenchcoat was able to give me the Secret Weapon wash last year, and someone kind (if you can identify who this was, I'd love to give them credit) gave me their Bombshell raptor from this years. I didn't hear about the artisan die until I got home, which was also missing from my bag this year.

Considering I registered months ahead of time and most people received everything, I was quite sad about all of the missing items.

I would say it would be nice to have the other things from the other vendors in the online swag bags, but that could potentially prevent attendees from receiving all their swag, since it's hard to predict total attendance based on preregistration and previous years.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I personally wish that pre-registrations were guarenteed all swag bag contents by registration date. But i understand that is a logistical nightmare and not realistic. What is more feasible is having one set of swag bags for pre registrations and a separate pile for walk ups. 

Not going to solve the online swag bags, so this is an entirely selfish wish, since I have gotten a bag missing at least 1 thing both years I have gone. @7Ninjasinatrenchcoat was able to give me the Secret Weapon wash last year, and someone kind (if you can identify who this was, I'd love to give them credit) gave me their Bombshell raptor from this years. I didn't hear about the artisan die until I got home, which was also missing from my bag this year.

Considering I registered months ahead of time and most people received everything, I was quite sad about all of the missing items.

I would say it would be nice to have the other things from the other vendors in the online swag bags, but that could potentially prevent attendees from receiving all their swag, since it's hard to predict total attendance based on preregistration and previous years.

I too wish it was guaranteed for pre registers. I had booked two in advance. 

0 mimics

0 critters (bombshell handed me one personally, but i ended giving it away)

1 red cloth (lost it somewhere on the table)

1 CAV sticker

At least both bags had the artisan dice, the planes, the cups, and the primer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I think it's the lack of any third party vendor stuff, not just product samples, that really makes this years bag 'light'. Usually there was a lot of vendor ad materials, a few discount codes, as well as other useful things for gamers and hobbyists. This year was just a handful of Reaper's own advertising, in duplicate.

The con attendees absolutely should be taken care of first, but last year they were clear that the bags being assembled post-con would be missing more things as they released them in waves. They also waited several business days before putting any online, allowing more time to communicate. This year they were up the first business day after the con, with no indication they'd been scaled down. Granted, the people that usually did the communicating are no longer there.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, IgwanaRob said:

. Granted, the people that usually did the communicating are no longer there.

This has been really my only complaint with Reaper this year.  They had no succession plan in place when Ladystorm retired, and near as I can tell haven't put much effort into replacing what they did for the community.

• Like 5

The bags aren’t “scaled” down deliberately. It’s just that we don’t always receive the same amount of stuff from every vendor. If you stopped making bags when one vendor’s items ran out you would have a warehouse full of stuff. So missing isn’t a deliberate thing it’s just a bag that was made up later in the process. And it’s a manually intensive process involving everyone that has a spare moment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, Heisler said:

The bags aren’t “scaled” down deliberately. It’s just that we don’t always receive the same amount of stuff from every vendor. If you stopped making bags when one vendor’s items ran out you would have a warehouse full of stuff. So missing isn’t a deliberate thing it’s just a bag that was made up later in the process. And it’s a manually intensive process involving everyone that has a spare moment.

This happened last year with the Bones pins, Guindy and I were in the first ten people to get our swag bags and immediately the contents varied so I expect all bags will not have all things.   It might have been more uniform in the past with fewer attendees, but now it's pretty much certain some things will run out.  Especially since extra stuff from 3rd parties is something they have to plan in advance and it's hard to plan for 500 extra people nobody really expected.

I figure I gets what I gets.  

• Like 6

We always try to promote the swag bags to have Reaper provided Stuff...including the items we print/source like the notebook, cup, pen...we don't always say there will be vendor stuff.  We do our best to get donations from vendors and industry like companies. When our show was smaller, it was easier to get vendor donations into our swag bag (because much lower attendee/swag quantity), but now that we have reached 1576+ attendees, it will only be harder. Some vendors can only give us x-amount of swag. If you get swag from a vendor in your bag, then it is extra sweet swag only, not generally promised....Also, when we receive swag from vendors, many do not communicate with us on how many samples/product they have sent us...so as we are building the swag bags, we don't know until we run out that the vendor didn't supply enough. We always give them a number of what they should send us. Next year's number will be 2000qty

Hopefully next year we will also add a luggage tag to the bag...so hopefully the lost/found swag bag issue will be diminished (as long as attendees use them on their swag bags)

ReaperCon also has many opportunities to get other FREE swag at ReaperCon....participate in the vendor punch card - get a free mini, stay at the Embassy Suites...get a free mini... buy $40+ at the Reaper Booth...get a free mini....At Registration, pick your faction...get a free mini....just to name a few...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11

I'm a little jealous of you guys getting a purple sample. I somehow missed that at the factory. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My bag has started moving... From England. 

Estimated day of arrival is the 19th. 

If swag is 'running out', consider staggering the stuff.

If swag from vendor A and B can be considered of similar value, just put Swag from A in odd numbered bags, and from B in even numbered bags. 

Sure, the first few who buys these 'after the fact' bags will get slightly less that if you piled stuff from both vendors in all the bags until you ran out, but this way there's a bit more in many more bags. 

This could also be done with the bags given out at the con itself, just be mindful that the stuff spread out like that isn't con exlusive, or used in a painting class.  

BTW; anyone wants to Reaperbucks from the 2016 - 2018 cons?   

Some stuffing lost most if not all their value after the doors close. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The bucks are year specific supposedly.

Not supposedly. They have the year in the number. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Not supposedly. They have the year in the number. 

They ARE year specific. They're only valid for the con they were issued for. Reaper has stated that a few times before when I've joked about collecting a few year's worth of bucks from SWAG bags. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

If swag is 'running out', consider staggering the stuff. 

If they are going to continue to offer the exclusive minis and paint online after the show, there's not much point in selling the bags post-con - especially if they're not cheaper than buying the stuff separately. Keep selling the stuff individually post-con, and put any extra bags in rotation with the regular retail order swag. It's funny, as a few years ago they were resistant to the idea of offering anything from the bag separately whenever the idea was brought up. It makes more sense, and allows them to move the extra stock without having to worry about running out of stuff or dedicating more time to assembling bags.

• Like 3

We didn't buy any after-con bags this year (I did last year) since we each got one when we went. My husband was a VIP and got both bags. I was just a regular attendee and got the one swag bag. Curiously, I was the only one to receive the Stynylrez Metal tone primer. I think our regular bags matched otherwise. We arrived early on Thursday to get our bags, before 9 AM. 

• Like 1