Jump to content

SWAG Bags for sale when? If?


Mckenna35
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, IgwanaRob said:

Got mine today - much like last year, the value is missing from the bag. No Darksword or Bombshell mini, no cool little plane mini, old/past year's pen, small water-cup, 2 of every Reaper advertisement - it was simply missing a lot of what was shown from the stuff posted by people that got them on-site. Seeing as they sell the con minis on the website, the only thing of any real rarity is the 3 paints - and those are clearly not worth $50 to acquire. At least I got a notebook and Badger's sample primer this year, and the wooden die is quite nice. Next year, I'll just get the stuff I want off the site, instead of over-paying for a handful of things I don't. Anyone who missed out this year, you're lucky to not have missed much - get the con minis (including the attendee only one) from the store and save.

 

I'm a little jealous, my bag didn't even have the Badger primer or the wooden die. Just the advertisements, 4 Reaper minis, 3 paints, notebook, pen and the cup. There wasn't a single thing from a vendor in my bag this year. Still, I'm a ReaperCon paint and Sophie addict, so I'm pretty much okay with what I got. Wish the Dark Sword mini was included, but I only ever got it in one Swag Bag, and that was about 4 years ago. I still think it was a fair purchase for the stuff received, considering retail prices for paint and minis. I was lucky enough to get a sample paint. It's a nice purple. Might be an off-batch of Azlanti Violet or something. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, IgwanaRob said:

Got mine today - much like last year, the value is missing from the bag. No Darksword or Bombshell mini, no cool little plane mini, old/past year's pen, small water-cup, 2 of every Reaper advertisement - it was simply missing a lot of what was shown from the stuff posted by people that got them on-site. Seeing as they sell the con minis on the website, the only thing of any real rarity is the 3 paints - and those are clearly not worth $50 to acquire. At least I got a notebook and Badger's sample primer this year, and the wooden die is quite nice. Next year, I'll just get the stuff I want off the site, instead of over-paying for a handful of things I don't. Anyone who missed out this year, you're lucky to not have missed much - get the con minis (including the attendee only one) from the store and save.

The four minis in the bag come to about $40 if you buy them separately. Three paints is $12.

 

The description of the swag bag in the store says nothing about any non-Reaper items. And other manufacturers are under no obligation to supply shiny things to people who won't come by their both at the con.

 

So you paid $50 for about $50 worth of Reaper product, plus some Reaper swag, plus the random chance to receive stuff from other manufacturers.

 

The d20s I saw in some of the photos from the con look like they're from Artisan Dice... If that's the case, I think it's something like 25 bucks for their least expensive d20. 

 

So... I fail to see where this is a terrible value? Or even a mediocre value?

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I just ordered a swag bag, despite the system assuring me there were 0 in stock, plus some extra items where the system likewise assured me there were 0 in stock of, but it didn't matter. I couldn't add any of the August Bones (non-black) I would've liked, though, because the system actually was quite insistent about there absolutely totally seriously being 0 in stock, and it does matter, for those.

 

That certainly made for an interesting shopping experience, and I rather hope it won't cause too much of a bother for whoever needs to figure out which of the out of stock items actually are in stock, and whether they happen to include all the ones in my order. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I didnt even realize my bag was missing the artisan die until I got home. Remember that even those who went didn't necessarily get all the add in goodies.

Yup. Was missing bombshell critter so couldn't even participate in the golden critter. And the mimic from gallordia. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FYI, The paints are now also available, making none of the Reaper stuff truly exclusive. Search for Reapercon on the store to find it.

 

3 minutes ago, pcktlnt said:

Yup. Was missing bombshell critter so couldn't even participate in the golden critter. And the mimic from gallordia. 

 

I forget about the mimic - It had fallen into the box and thankfully went unnoticed by the dog while I was at work. They do make nice stuff at Galadoria (can't wait for the 2nd KS to ship).

 

Wouldn't be an issue of they didn't say multiple times, especially on Reaper Live, that every bag gets them. Oh well, 2 years in a row is enough, lesson learned - next time wait for the individual stuff to be added to the store and save money.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It sounds like a bunch of contributing manufacturers didn't make enough goodies to meet attendance.

 

I know attendance this year was high, I'm curious how much higher it was than Reaper's projections. (Idle curiosity, I don't actually expect Reaper to hand out those numbers on demand)

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Sanael said:

I'm curious how much higher it was than Reaper's projections

 

I think the better question is how many didn't register until they arrived at the door.  Reaper would have know how many pre-registrations they had, and even if they were aggressive and planned for 50% increase, large numbers of walk-ins could have disrupted those plans.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Sanael said:

It sounds like a bunch of contributing manufacturers didn't make enough goodies to meet attendance.

 

I know attendance this year was high, I'm curious how much higher it was than Reaper's projections. (Idle curiosity, I don't actually expect Reaper to hand out those numbers on demand)

 that's an excellent point, they did mention it was about 500 more than last year.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

I think the better question is how many didn't register until they arrived at the door.  Reaper would have know how many pre-registrations they had, and even if they were aggressive and planned for 50% increase, large numbers of walk-ins could have disrupted those plans.

Yup. I assume (and I could so very easily be waaay off, so...) that a few Reaper probably tells swag bag participants something like "we already have X pre-registrations, and last year we had Y percent of X walk-in registrations, so we expect Z total attendees this year. We also typically have .25Z additional swag bags on hand."

 

Then swag bag participants would then supply somewhere between Z and 1.25Z goodies. 

 

Reaper can pretty well make as many bags as they want to for the website, since all the metal minis and all the paint are made in-house, but if a manufacturer only provided the minimum number of goodies, when they're gone they're gone.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

I think the better question is how many didn't register until they arrived at the door.  Reaper would have know how many pre-registrations they had, and even if they were aggressive and planned for 50% increase, large numbers of walk-ins could have disrupted those plans.

 

That was my thinking too. I can't complain about only getting the Reaper items in my store Swag bag. If they ran out of the vendor stuff because of higher than expected attendance that that's great news. Hope they get an even bigger turnout next year.  I mostly wanted the new Reaper goodies anyway. Yes, it would've been cheaper to just order those, but I never order the bag to get a bargain. I get it because I can't go to the con, and it feels like a somewhat inclusive act to order one every year. Can't go, but I can order a tiny memento from the event. The online swag bag was certainly more spartan than ever this year, but I got all the goodies I absolutely didn't wanna miss. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...