Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's Halfling Spirits

They are DELIGHTFUL Little Spooks. Your BEAUTIFUL brushwork & inspired palette add immeasurably to the charm of the pieces. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

These guys look great. Your paintwork really suits them.

Id like to pick up some myself sometime, when the hobby budget allows.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      I have been playing Doom Eternal lately. Several stages within some of the missions are set inside massive demonic fleshy creatures or structures with organic tunnels. Organic as in made of living meat, like a skinned carcass, with giant meaty blobs, bladders, tendons and instestines everywhere. The floor covered in pools of acid...one can only imagine the smell.
      Naturally, this made me want to paint up some of the minis for the Shadows of Brimstone Belly of the Beast Otherworld. This otherworld is just such an organic hellscape, set inside the entrails of some enormous cosmic creature. The Belly of the Beast Expansion rules, cards and map bits come in the "Temple of Shadows" expansion set, an expansion for the japanese-themed Forbidden Fortress base set. The Skin Crawler minis are also included in this expansion, while the Gastral Tyrant, Bone Eaters and Acid Blobs each are in their own little enemy packs. I have at least the flesh mites still to do, and I am thinking some more giant tentacles would fit this theme well, if I can find them. Maybe even some of the new, japanese-themed heroes too.

This lot took me a couple of evenings to do, mostly drying time in between prepping the Bones 4 Lost Valley Expansion minis. 

Lots more pictures below.

• By Maledrakh
      The "pictures or it never happened"picture:

The entire Bones 4 core set completed. 163 minis, including a few scenery bits, some chibis and a great big Dragon. All for a hundred bucks. Plus shipping, fees and taxes. So maybe around 200 bucks for me then. Still a massively good deal. Not pictured are also two different bags of bases that I did not use, and 4 more of each of the pillar toppers that were included in the set.
      Ah, the quiet satisfaction of completing a project. *Achievement unlocked*
      so, onto the next. Onwards and upwards!

Which of the expansions to do first, then?
    • By Maledrakh
      So we are nearing the end of the road. This is the very last of the 163 miniatures in the Bones 4 Core set!
      Last but not least! Or more accurately, Last and the largest by far!

Who am I? I am known as Millstone Shover, Barrel Drinker, Demon Rider and Camel Puncher! But I am no one when compared to you, O Gauth the Magnificent! Gauth the Golden! Gauth the Tremendous! Gauth the Unassessably Wealthy! Gauth the Mighty! Gauth the Terrible! Gauth the Stupendous! Gauth the Tyrannical! Gauth the Impenetrable! Gauth the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities! Gauth the Does Not Fit In Standard Shelving!

Tommy Too Tall here is about 27cm / over 10 inches tall! I made him a 125mmx100mm base to keep him stable. I had some drooping woes that I have documented in my fixing Droopy The Dragon post back in November of last year.
      I can categorically and firmly state that the fixes have ....worked! Gauth has been standing tall and proud these last few months with no sign of any renewed droopage. I experimented with removing the knee-brace for a while, but then he sorta slumped, so I put it back.

Painting: Black undercoat. Scalecolor Navy Blue all over. When dry, I drybrushed the green parts with Citadel Base Waaagh Flesh, Vallejo Game Color Jade Green 72.026, and Jade Green mixed with Scalecolor Hellbound Flesh SFG-16 in two steps.
      The Blue parts are done in the Navy Blue drybrushed with Army Painter Crystal Blue and Vallejo Game Color Magic Blue 72.021. This was then mixed with Hellbound Flesh, with pure Hellbound Flesh on the top.
      The Yellow parts are Vallejo Model Color Khaki Grey 70.880 with Citadel Layer Iyanden Yellow, with Scalecolor Hykey Yellow (a yellowy bone) on top.
      Plus some small details such as eyes, tongue and teeth in other colours I do not remember which paints I used.

So now the task is done! Challenge complete! Achievement unlocked!

But the road goes ever on and on...

#7 Gauth the Dragon
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      125x100mm base.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.

• By Maledrakh
      Doing the Young Owlbear made me want to do this old one as well.
      This owlbear is the O.G. owlbear off the very first of the Reaper Bones kickstarters. It always was a bit weird and extra insane looking, quite different from other owlbears I have seen.
      Also it was droopy and askew on it's base. I drilled into the leg from under the base and inserted a long rod to keep it stiff and keeping the talons off the ground.  Straightened that c***er out,. Far too much as it turned out. So I glued the original base to the new one at an angle. Maybe the angle  should have been even steeper as it is a bit up in the air.
      At any rate, insane-looking owlbear = joker = clown = parrot. Time to break out the Napoleonic colours.

It's pining for the fjords! Beautiful plumage, esquire!

Polly wanna Cracker!

77156 Owlbear
      Bones 1 Core set, 2012
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base.
      available from reapermini.com

• By Maledrakh
      or as those Texans keep spelling it, "Griffon". (Texans are lovely people, I wouldn't dream of antagonizing them over their simpleton spelling. These folks have guns. I mean, not even the more common "Griffin"...)

I went with the African Bateleur Eagle, as it has a striking black, white and red colouration with large creamy panels on the top of the wings. The back bit is just a generic big cat, with reddish brown hairy bits to balance all the red on the front.

This model is made in regular 3rd generation Bones plastic. Which in spite of being much more rigid than earlier Bonesium, is not nearly strong enough to hold any weight in awkward positions over time. If one of its front talons had been sculpted touching the base in some way, this would probably not have been a problem. As it was the talon was involuntarily touching the rim of the base anyway together with the wingtip dragging along the ground. This was discovered and fixed some time ago, and I forgot to take any pictures of the listin' gryphon.
      Anyway, since it drooped quite a bit after just standing around on the shelf, it was nessecary to brace it. I did this by drilling up into the leg and inserting a 1mm diameter metal rod (I used a part of a paperclip for this) to make it stand up properly and discourage further drooping. The pin goes up into the hip or so from beneath the base. This fix has now held in the several months since I fixed it.

A long time being exposed to the enormous monsters from Warhammer has skewed my size perception. For some reason I have been thinking about this gryphon as "the small one".

Drybrushed from a black undercoat. Yeah, it is a bit rough in places, but perfectly serviceable.

#82 The "Griffon" 
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      unknown sculptor
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      50mm base.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)