WhiteWulfe

Burrows & Badgers: Great and Small

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

@Lovejoy do you take firstborn as currency? She’s a very good baby, sweet smile, adorable laugh, tendency to poop on everything... :lol: 

One of these days i’m gonna be able order all the stuff I’ve missed out on.

Take it from me - once you've had a kid, you'll never be able to afford all the stuff you want ever again. :down:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

If there are squirrels in this one, count me as a backer!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sanael said:

I love oathsworn stuff... But I want to see another "sensible shoes" project...I have very little use for anthro minis

It's a difficult one; being a tiny business, we have to focus on what sells, and the Sensible Shoes stuff does well at Kickstarter, but then only sells one or two miniatures per week from the entire range... whereas Burrows & Badgers pays the rent. So, until that changes, most of my sculpting and writing time has to go to B&B, unfortunately.

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

@Lovejoy do you take firstborn as currency? She’s a very good baby, sweet smile, adorable laugh, tendency to poop on everything... :lol: 

Sadly not... the four we've got are enough trouble, to be honest! Thankfully they're all older now, but weirdly, still just as messy. :huh:

1 minute ago, haldir said:

If there are squirrels in this one, count me as a backer!

There is one squirrel, hopefully that's enough to tempt you! ::):

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sanael said:

I love oathsworn stuff... But I want to see another "sensible shoes" project...I have very little use for anthro minis.

That’s what I thought, until I started painting some of them.  I find them to be very relaxing to paint.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

It's a difficult one; being a tiny business, we have to focus on what sells, and the Sensible Shoes stuff does well at Kickstarter, but then only sells one or two miniatures per week from the entire range... whereas Burrows & Badgers pays the rent. So, until that changes, most of my sculpting and writing time has to go to B&B, unfortunately.

The problem with the HISS minis is that most never need more than one or two, for their PCs or possibly a 'Named NPC' now and then. 

That, and you may not be all that well-known yet. 

The B&B minis have a direct use in a custom game. They're also quirky and fun to paint. 

Yeah, they sell a bit better...   ;-)

I'm working on a small...  ... ish order of B&B minis, but there won't be any HISS minis added to it. Not because they're not cool or that I don't have a use for them, only because I already have them all...   

I wonder how many of your backers know about the Stoatbart family and the wagon you released for the B&B, or the starter warbands...

Maybe some painting guides for the HISS minis would help a bit?

Or a game written specifically with Female minis in mind. Not that I can imagine what it would look like.

• Like 2

I don't fancy writing a game specifically for female minis, TBH - I can just imagine the internet flame wars that would result! ;)
Still, I guess that would be publicity, at least, which rarely hurts...

Anyway, here's a couple more of the sculpts... one very large bird, and one smaller, but probably more devious!

Incidentally, if you like Burrows & Badgers (the miniatures or the game), and you use Facebook, then make sure you've joined the Facebook Group! It's a weirdly nice place, especially compared to some of the other Groups I've been in...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/burrowsandbadgers/

red-kite.jpg

magpie.jpg

Cheers,
Michael

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I don't fancy writing a game specifically for female minis, TBH - I can just imagine the internet flame wars that would result! ;)
Still, I guess that would be publicity, at least, which rarely hurts...

Anyway, here's a couple more of the sculpts... one very large bird, and one smaller, but probably more devious!

Incidentally, if you like Burrows & Badgers (the miniatures or the game), and you use Facebook, then make sure you've joined the Facebook Group! It's a weirdly nice place, especially compared to some of the other Groups I've been in...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/burrowsandbadgers/

red-kite.jpg

Yeah, the game would be ... difficult...   

Would I be very wrong if I guess that Grarrk Bloodclaw will end up as Resin?   

(90mm is pretty huge compared to the rest of the minis... )

I'm not joining the book of tarnish, bu if I ever manage to paint up enough minis for a couple of warbands, I will bring them to a local minicon sometime. don't sit up and wait...    

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

He's got a top hat! 

It's hard to find anything that screams evil more than a top hat used outside of formal events. 

Not even a goatee is worse, and there's not all that many animals with deliberate goatees...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

It's hard to find anything that screams evil more than a top hat used outside of formal events. 

Not even a goatee is worse, and there's not all that many animals with deliberate goatees...

He's a well dressed, dapper merchant.  And he's even smiling!  That's not evil at all! 

...Just don't show off the shiny thing hiding in your pocket... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/22/2019 at 4:59 AM, Lovejoy said:

Oh, I understand! Not mad about it, just sad that my needs don't align with yours. I love your sculpts, that magpie is fantastic!...I just can't quite justify the spending when it won't see use in a game and doesn't fit the paradigms for the various minis-related gifts I give.

Of course, that magpie could be a kenku merchant in Eberron...hmm...

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Would I be very wrong if I guess that Grarrk Bloodclaw will end up as Resin?   

(90mm is pretty huge compared to the rest of the minis... )

Yep, the Red Kite will be resin, along with the Bulldog and the Border Collie. It's the wingspan that makes the birdy so big; stood upright, with wings folded, the mini would be shorter than a badger!

Anyway, here's the full list of new sculpts for the Kickstarter. Plus, here's a couple more of the sculpts... a Bulldog, who's a proper chunky boi, and a tiny Shrew, much, much smaller, but still deadly!

promo-list1.jpg

bulldog.jpg

shrew.jpg

cheers,
Michael

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Rats, that bulldog might just get me...

must make Will save...

I say just give in.  Oathsworn makes some awesome minis! 

:devil:

• Like 6