Online Miniatures Painting Contests

SilentCircle

Greetings and Salutations fellows Miniature Hobbyists! 

I have been seeking Online Miniatures Painting Contests, if any exist, and have all but come up short!

I am familiar with many of the competitions which are available for “In Person” entries only, but I’m extremely limited on my availability to travel. 

I am a novice painter. I use miniature painting to help with my PTSD. I was told that there are competitions which one could submit entries online, but I have had little to no luck finding any that are up and coming, or still exist at all.

Can anyone please assist? Thank you in advance! ✌️

• Like 2

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that they're not popular because it's too easy to steal someone else's picture, and submit it as your own work. ):

Dakka and r/minipainting are some other forums you can ask your question on.

Since you're a novice, your best bet is to paint, post pics online, and ask for comments and criticism.

27 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Reaper was hosting a contest through on Facebook.  I believe it was Bones models only, and I'm not 100% sure if it is still a thing.

I've heard word of quarterly competitions on Facebook with strict rules, but since I don't use Facebook, I wouldn't know.

The forums here do have an annual one.

Providing you are Facebook: 

Reaper does have a quarterly painting contest that revolves around a certain figure each time. To enter, you submit picture to Matt, who will then compile them, post them back on Facebook, and the members judge. Scoring is based on the # of likes an entry receives.

Miniature Monthly also does one 2-3 times a year as well. 

Paint all the Minis usually does a monthly painting challenge. This month's challenge: 

Painting Challenge August 30th-September 22nd: 9th month 9 Colour Challenge!

For this challenge folks, it's gonna be a wee bit different a format. Usually there's a specific model type to paint or unit type to focus on, but for this month's challenge, I thought it'd be fun to try out something I've seen attempted a few times. For this month's challenge you'll be able to choose any mini you want to paint! Ah, but what's the catch you say? No catch per se, but instead of limiting everyone's palettes to say "paint it black!" Or "I'm blue dabadi dabadi," you'll be able to pick your favorite colour to use if you so choose.

BUT you'll only have 9 paints total to use on the entire mini!

• Like 1