72moonglum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

6jve.jpg

Thank you Glitterwolf, I'm glad you and Mr. Burns like her!

10 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

Excellent work.  I think pine cones is a fair interpretation.  However I do believe from the artist’s drawing they -were- hedgehogs?!?

Thank you very much Darkstaar!  I don't know if they were supposed to originally then be hedgehogs, but the final cast product doesn't give much hedgehog detail. I was looking for a nose and two eyes to help me at the very least, but couldn't really discern them.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Beautiful paint job! I especially like the way you painted her face and leather apron. Her face looks expressive. Lovely. 

Thanks CorallineAlgae! The miniature was big enough that the face was relatively easy to give a bit of personality to. I especially like how she was sculpted with one eye open and one eye closed!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful face and skin - you really captured her expression! The foliage in her basket is lush, her leather apron lovely and the off-white shirt seals the deal!

Thank you Iridil! I got a little lazy with the plants. I probably should have painted the little shamrock in her hand a different color but just ended up painting it the same as the bigger leaves in her sack. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Here comes Friar Tuck the Merry Man. 02950, Townsfolk VII: Clergy (A) sculpted by Bobby Jackson. That was a fun one to paint.

• By Guyra
      I got this guy through the ReaperCon Live 2020 swag box. I originally started painting him during ReaperCon Live that year, following along a class on how to paint a starscape cloak. I failed that class miserably since I didn't actually have the paints I needed(Reaper Clear paints), but I decided to redo it now with my own technique(and also with those paints, now that I have them).

Most of the clothing I painted back then, using some shades of blue. The hood piece/cowl I painted up with a brighter blue, to separate it from the rest.

I've mainly used Reaper paints for this miniature, but also some AK paints for the skin tones. The Magenta Reaper Clear paint has been heavily used for the OSL.

There is some stuff I would've changed if I hadn't done half the painting a year and a half ago, but overall I'm quite happy with how he turned out. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's an heavy armored fellow ready for adventure. 07011, Borin Ironbrow the Dwarf Adventurer was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. He was initialy part of the Dungeon Dwellers line. Hopefully, he will make the jump and eventually be integrated into the Bones USA line.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting my first finished Bones V Kickstarter mini, the mighty Hercules!

I don't get much painting time these days, so he's a little rough and rushed in places, but he's done and he doesn't look too bad.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Peithetairos
      I am happy to present my entry to the 18th quarterly contest. I worked hard to achieve a nice contrast, using texture, complimentary colours and value. Another focus was the cavern base and the water and splash effects. I am happy how he turned out, but comparing him to the top four trolls I also know that I need to push myself even more. I guess that is what it is all about. 

Given the metal version is NSFW I include some links that show him in his full glory.

Cave Troll Front

If you are interested in the painting process also check out my newest blog post. 

Cave Troll - More pics and painting info