Jump to content

nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

Recommended Posts

anticipation1.jpg

anticipation2.jpg

<<<MOD>>>

A friendly reminder that animated GIFs are not allowed on Reapers Forums.

<<<>>>

Sorry about that

  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next year’s theme: pirates.

 

And while the Con is done, the dinner is tonight at half past six, so nearly “done-done”.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Next year’s theme: pirates.

 

There were a couple pirate-y models in the Bones 5 preview case, and some of the samples at Julie Guthrie's desk had a pirate-y feel as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Already thinking on what to paint to try for that elusive gold

 

Maybe not a gold, but I have a couple of ideas bouncing around in my head

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

Already thinking on what to paint to try for that elusive gold

 

16 hrs in the car for us to strategize. Had the basics down before we hit OKC. ::P:

Edited by Zoxe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a diorama planned out, that will also be a bombshell entry. It'll be fancier than anything i've done before. 

i think part of why my stuff scores so poorly in the contest is because my bases are just not good enough. I've noticed most of what wins gold has some super fancy base, so i suspect basing scores higher than they list it does

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i have a diorama planned out, that will also be a bombshell entry. It'll be fancier than anything i've done before. 

i think part of why my stuff scores so poorly in the contest is because my bases are just not good enough. I've noticed most of what wins gold has some super fancy base, so i suspect basing scores higher than they list it does

 

The feedback I got for Science Officer Hahn leads me to believe this is true. 

That ... unfortunately, was kind of the most useful feedback I got (the only, if I am being honest), as all the rest largely told me that what I already suspected. 

 

Anyway, yah. More Planning! Better Execution! .... *gets stick for brain weasels*

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

 

The feedback I got for Science Officer Hahn leads me to believe this is true. 

That ... unfortunately, was kind of the most useful feedback I got (the only, if I am being honest), as all the rest largely told me that what I already suspected. 

 

Anyway, yah. More Planning! Better Execution! .... *gets stick for brain weasels*

 

i suspect that is the case. A lot of what i feel like should score well, they tell me gets 'very close to gold, but just isn't quite there', and base scoring seems to be part of it despite the fact they dont' list base scoring as that high for Painters category. But i shall try a super fancy base on everthing next year and see how it goes

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have plans for next year's entries.  So many plans....

I need to diversify my entries, putting everything in painters is probably working against me....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×