Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

nytflyr

52 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Paint a Reaper non-Sophie, win a Sophie trophy.

Paint a Sophie, win a Reaper non-Sophie trophy.

I don't see how that could be confusing.

So... what would be the not-Sophie trophy? Complete opposite? That would be male, angelic, plump, curvy in the wrong places...

... SANTA CLAUS!!!

• Haha 3

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Heisler said:

I suspect all Clever Crew means is that there will be a special category for painted Sophies with its own award. Technically a Sophie painted for that award would still be eligible for a Sophie trophy. I’ll double check with Michael on it.

If it works like the Large Monster trophy, then you are correct 

Something that can earn a large monster trophy can also be eligible for a Sophie trophy

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Paint a Reaper non-Sophie, win a Sophie trophy.

Paint a Sophie, win a Reaper non-Sophie trophy.

I don't see how that could be confusing.

Totally understandable why, but yah that is or will be confusing for people. Especially people, who really don't know the significance of Sophie to Reaper.

• Like 3

Happy Holidays everyone.  Be safe out there - eat, drink, and be merry paint minis.

This fall has very much been on fast forward for me.  It feels like we just got in the car and drove home from Denton and RC2019.  Shortly after that, work sent me on several trips rapid fire and we had a couple of other personal commitments through late Sep, all of October, and into November.  Stepped straight from that into year-end at work.  Taking a few days around Christmas to regroup, and hopefully get some bench time.  

• Like 5

Downloaded a adventure last night called Goblin Heist. It's a 5e adventure off DM's Guild it was made by Kai Linder (through RPG Writer Workshop). I figured for a couple bucks, why not + it's goblins! It's a really fun adventure! Very simple as the rules have been toned down a bit. There are environmental elements & there is a random adventurer for hire that pursues that goblin thieves!

I wasn't going to run 5e at RC but I may re-think that with this adventure.

• Like 4

Still new to this hobby (and community), but I'm strongly considering coming to Reapercon 2020. Do folks arrange double ups in rooms? My lady friend has zero interest in going, so I'd be traveling on my own. Curious if there is a matching thread... Sounds like an amazing event! I was looking at the classes from last year, and was like, okay I'd take that one, and that one, and that one... :) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Joshinminn said:

Still new to this hobby (and community), but I'm strongly considering coming to Reapercon 2020. Do folks arrange double ups in rooms? My lady friend has zero interest in going, so I'd be traveling on my own. Curious if there is a matching thread... Sounds like an amazing event! I was looking at the classes from last year, and was like, okay I'd take that one, and that one, and that one... :) 

If I could only travel to one Con a year, and that is in fact the case, I would choose ReaperCon.

It is growing in popularity at about 20% year over year so it is getting to be a significant event.

GEM

• Like 5

On 12/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

And if you find me at the con, I can help explain it if it's done different again (it's been different every year so far).  I mail all my junk back.  Plus my entries.  Plus sometimes boxes of crackers and Buc-ee's merch.  Basically whatever I can, so I make it a priority to find out what's what.  What I need to do is draw inspiration from RADAR and, if I'm sneaky enough, I can mail home a Camaro a piece at a time over multiple Reapercons.  

If Ed or Dave ask where the radio volume knob suddenly wandered off to, you don't know nothin you didn't see nothin you didn't hear nothin.      

Be sure to keep a firm grip on your packing tape, or there is some danger he will mail you back to his lair as well.

• Haha 4