nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

3 minutes ago, Dicey said:

If you were being charged rates like that, you wouldn't have been in the Reaper room block. The block rates are locked in as long as there's still room. I booked in June (lucky timing on my part as they had just added a few more rooms to the block) and still got the $123 price for being in the block. But, before they added those new rooms, the block was previously sold out in March.

I tried to book using the link from the RC site but there weren’t any rooms available at that rate when I tried.

I wasn’t on the forum then so I didn’t know that more discounted rooms were added that month.  I’m not sure if I booked before or after the added rooms were gone already.

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

I am, BTW, one of the deranged ReaperConners.

Well, I still have range access. :grr:

And we have a room for ReaperCon, too. :bday:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Bring salsa lol! We can't wait to see you!

Will do! Hmu when you guys are on your way up and we can grab lunch at a local spot

• Like 1

My friend is saying he's on the waiting list for room block rooms. Seems like they could be out already?

@rubegon - I wasn't on the forums then either (joined after ReaperCon), I just got lucky.

rooms are already sold out?

whelp...guess we're driving this year. half hour there, half hour back, each day

just means i won't be around as much since i'll have to plan travel time and i hate driving at night so i'll need to leave before dinner each day

Edited by Sirithiliel

1 minute ago, Dicey said:

Hopefully, this was an oversight and more rooms will be added shortly.

maybe. if they do i'll try and convince the husband to let me reserve, but like i said he's fine driving every day so probably not. i'll just accept not staying at the hotel this year

• Sad 1

They said on the ReaperCon facebook page 20ish minutes ago that they were working on getting more rooms opened up for booking. So, I think they're aware. 

@Sirithiliel - I'd just book it. It's so so easy to just drag yourself upstairs when you're "done" or to store things between classes. I loved having a room last year (even though our commute would have been 1.5 hours not 30 minutes). You can cancel if you don't go with no penalties up until the end of August, so I don't really see the downside to booking early. It feels weird to plan for something 8 months away, but if you're on the fence, I'd just do it (assuming more rooms are made available). Edited to add: We actually met in Bob and Julie's sculpting class last year too.

Edited by Dicey

We discovered last year (and it was a blessing, lemme tell you), that Hilton is on the AAA discount list. If you can't get con rates, and you happen to have AAA membership, something to bear in mind?

Mr. Thorne is probably gonna be stalking the page for a bit, for the next block to open. ^^;

• Like 2