Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

On 2/19/2020 at 7:31 PM, OneBoot said:

I usually get 150 and have 10-20 left over, but then I hand out mine like candy because my requirement is quite low since I love giving people things lol. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I ordered 100 ribbons last year, and it was just the right amount. I was getting extra generous on Saturday to give them all away.

Many children got certified "Not Actually Cranky".

• Haha 4

On 2/19/2020 at 3:38 PM, Corporea said:

I am going with my tried and true Reapercon giveaway: chocolate. lots and lots of chocolate.

I keep thinking about ribbons but then real life interferes and I run out of time.  So, chocolate it is!

My Niffler runnng mate, Nick Anything, gave out chocolate coins and I gave out ribbons.

Nick should be back this year with a treasure chest of chocolate coins and candy "gems".

I should have ribbons.  I found out that a plastic travel kit soap holder makes a very easy way to keep ribbons organized, so I didn't end up with a handful of ribbons going every which way.

GEM

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

My Niffler runnng mate, Nick Anything, gave out chocolate coins and I gave out ribbons.

Nick should be back this year with a treasure chest of chocolate coins and candy "gems".

I should have ribbons.  I found out that a plastic travel kit soap holder makes a very easy way to keep ribbons organized, so I didn't end up with a handful of ribbons going every which way.

GEM

the niffler was awesome, made me smile

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So for the painting competition,  I  was thinking that Reaper should allow for entry under "sponsor only" consideration rather than requiring that the entry be relegated to one of the categories.   This way I think the sponsors would get more participation.  Thoughts? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, dusty said:

So for the painting competition,  I  was thinking that Reaper should allow for entry under "sponsor only" consideration rather than requiring that the entry be relegated to one of the categories.   This way I think the sponsors would get more participation.  Thoughts? 

Not quite sure what the proposal actually is. Sort of a category for that sponsor’s products only, with the entry not being considered for, let’s say, the Open category? Thus inly judged by the sponsor?

8 hours ago, dusty said:

I think that would be very limiting. If you only painted bombshell miniatures why shouldn’t they also receive reaper medals for the appropriate category?

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Heisler said:

I think that would be very limiting. If you only painted bombshell miniatures why shouldn’t they also receive reaper medals for the appropriate category?

agreed, i don't think it'd be much fun to paint something and then have to decide if you want a Reaper medal or a chance at a manufacturer award, and would just mean people having to paint more entries than they originally would have if they wanted to enter all categories and still enter manufacturer too

• Like 2

On 3/2/2020 at 9:57 AM, dusty said:

As a participant, part of the appeal to me is to get the score and feedback from the Reaper judges while ALSO highlighting the great work of one of the sponsors.  I'd be sad if this were changed.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

As a participant, part of the appeal to me is to get the score and feedback from the Reaper judges while ALSO highlighting the great work of one of the sponsors.  I'd be sad if this were changed.

There is no intention to change it at this time, it really doesn’t fit with the Reaper vision of the competition which encourages painters to enter their best pieces regardless manufacturer.

• Like 3