Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

When is ReaperCon this year? 

September 3 to 6, if it happens of course.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marc said:

When is ReaperCon this year? 

9/3-9/6 according to the ReaperCon website. Labor Day weekend, as last year. 

• Like 1

Honestly, this could be a huge PR win for Reaper.  A big loss for those of us who want to see friends in person, of course.  I hope Reaper is prepared for a really big crowd in 2021...

• Like 4

I'm trying not to cry because Reapercon was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to this year and the thought of it was holding me together through this isolation crisis.  I don't want to hear how "it's for the better" or "the right thing to do".  This goes beyond disappointment for me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 9

Drat. And I'd just gotten motivation in to painting again and over my covid-induced mental funk.  Sigh. Well, if it helps, I'm going to figure out how to stream and I'll be available for teaching. I think we should do an ask artist panel or something like that, where we all get on video and answer questions. I'd love that. It would almost, almost be like seeing all you guys again and getting hugs. I miss everyone horribly. I'm at work so I have to put on my "giving bad news" face and not cry. I guess it's better than telling somebody they have cancer... sigh. Trying to have perspective.

But I am sad.

I'm coming up with a plan and I will make it cool. It will be awesome!

But still sad now.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

But we could use free zoom or skype for panels and everyone can do that!  That and the House party ap are the only way I've been able to play bingo with my family for the last 2 months. Thank goodness for game night.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

Honestly, this could be a huge PR win for Reaper.  A big loss for those of us who want to see friends in person, of course.  I hope Reaper is prepared for a really big crowd in 2021...

I am 100% certain we would have hit 3000 this year if not for unexpected circumstances, so I imagine next year will definitely be a record.  

• Like 5

Just an FYI, Southwest is giving you until 2022 to use cancelled flight funds instead of just the normal one year

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'll miss seeing you guys in person. 

I'm sorry they had to cancel; I was looking forward to it, and all the shenanigans. ^^;

I'mma get a VIP bag, for sure; at least I can do that. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm trying not to cry because Reapercon was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to this year and the thought of it was holding me together through this isolation crisis.  I don't want to hear how "it's for the better" or "the right thing to do".  This goes beyond disappointment for me. 

*hugs* Same here, it just sucks all around. :down:

I'm going to allow myself a little time to grieve, then I'm going to focus on restructuring my classes to an online format. Having something productive to do will help. But for now, I'mma be on the couch with a box of tissues and a carton of ice cream.

--OneBoot

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I do understand the reasons, and think they made the only decision they could at this time. Sad that I will not get to meet you guys face to face this year, but will see you the next.

• Like 3