nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

I plan to order pizza that night! :bday:

I ordered a webcam and a document camera last week, which will give me plenty of time to fumble around and figure out setup/lighting etc. It'll be weird, but I'm glad I'll be able to use this technology to still teach, as well as "see" my Reaper friends! ^_^

I still plan to do pirate Sophie cosplay at least a couple of the days, because I can. :upside:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I plan to order pizza that night! :bday:

Probably be better then what the hotel serves......:rock:

While I get why pizza is served, it'll never beat the bbq that Reaper served in the old days of ReaperCon. Treadwell's (way's?), a joint up the road form HQ & for awhile it was the product of a Reaper employee. Dang, mentioning that, makes me really miss Meat n Greet. Well that & being AT Reaper for ReaperCon. Hotel days will never replace that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

I still plan to do pirate Sophie cosplay at least a couple of the days, because I can. :upside:

I think I'll be dressed as Arthur Dent. 

1 hour ago, haldir said:

While I get why pizza is served, it'll never beat the bbq that Reaper served in the old days of ReaperCon. Treadwell's (way's?), a joint up the road form HQ & for awhile it was the product of a Reaper employee. Dang, mentioning that, makes me really miss Meat n Greet. Well that & being AT Reaper for ReaperCon. Hotel days will never replace that.

Nothing replaces BBQ. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Probably be better then what the hotel serves......:rock:

Yeah that bbq was fantastic!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I think I'll be dressed as Arthur Dent. 

Nothing replaces BBQ. 

Just make sure you have your towel.

And a small packet of peanuts might be helpful as well.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I would like to see from a ReaperCon online is speed paints. It would involve everyone having the same figure, but I think it could work. I am planning on getting a separate webcam to video my paint station anyway.

Maybe Reaper would consider having participation packs that people could order that would arrive before the con. Kind of like their survival kits. 

Maybe it would be helpful to have a ReaperCon online suggestion thread. 

I am determined to have as much fun with this as I can since, with the cancellation of ReaperCon, there are no events happening for the rest of the year that I was planning on going to. 

• Like 5

This is from last week's Reaper Live.  Ron said "hopefully next week" (ie this week) they'd be on sale, but....

Swag Box contents:

swag1.jpg.132e7a641ed1e5d794d047d1f4e2016f.jpg

swag2.jpg.f18856f55957b3b3b6e1be88c2a48d38.jpg

At 35:54 they start describing the new colors of paint.  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/648211503?filter=archives&sort=time

Edit:  The High Seas paint sets will be available for sale separately during the con, and eventually singles will be added to the paint line.  It's not feasible to do singles during the con. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

There's a 3rd box that's going to be discussed tonight, I think. So far they have admitted to 3 more paints, a pokey tool, another paint cup (there are 3 designs) and a mini light.   Ron said there will also be a "mega bundle" option to purchase all 3 at once. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

It would be nice if they had a bundled (ie cheaper) price for buying both.

Posted at the same time.

• Like 1

I'll have to figure out whether this is a granddaughter weekend or not.  Now that it's online, I can "attend!"

So, uh, how does the "Hobby Box" fit into this?  

Looks like we all had the same questions...

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, strawhat said:

So, uh, how does the "Hobby Box" fit into this?  

It's the 3rd swag bag.  They've broken it up into 3 boxes, so you can get all or some, depending on what you want/can afford. 

And my mistake, there was no new info tonight, the twitch stream was on Bones 5 models, not Reapercon. Also it was an hour earlier than I was expecting. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Wonder if they'll offer other shipping methods - USPS to Canada is somewhat unreliable atm, and is about to get (even more) stupidly expensive on the 24th...

• Sad 1

On 5/5/2020 at 11:33 PM, Green Eyed Monster said:

Just make sure you have your towel.

And a small packet of peanuts might be helpful as well.

GEM

A few pints might be good too!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Inarah said:

This is from last week's Reaper Live.  Ron said "hopefully next week" (ie this week) they'd be on sale, but....

Swag Box contents:

swag1.jpg.132e7a641ed1e5d794d047d1f4e2016f.jpg

swag2.jpg.f18856f55957b3b3b6e1be88c2a48d38.jpg

At 35:54 they start describing the new colors of paint.  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/648211503?filter=archives&sort=time

Edit:  The High Seas paint sets will be available for sale separately during the con, and eventually singles will be added to the paint line.  It's not feasible to do singles during the con. 

Quoting you so I have something to go back to. I spent half an hour trying to recall and search the forums for this post of yours since I glimpsed it last night while sleepy.

Seriously, reaper needs to get the information out there more than through livestreams or through avid fans posting their information on a forum. Seems like it should be their job, not the fans. Writing this portion cause I'm frustrated and annoyed trying to find tidbit information for reaper events. Is this posted anywhere else? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3