nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

There's a whole new set of pirate mouslings in regular size..  hopefully for bones 6 they make it into larger Bones Black versions

• Like 6

I am excited about the minis and paint but I am *super* excited for that Drunken Mermaid rinse cup haha! :wub: I love those old signs so much.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

Small

Screenshot_20200626-160613.png

10 hours ago, Serenity said:

IIRC, it is a small one.  They talked about it on a stream, and I believe they said all metal ones will be in the small size.

Best news I've heard today, errr yesterday. Oh whatever, awesome to hear he'll & the rest of the crew will be the smaller size.

Also I just noticed "Treasure of Bloodreef" the octopus looks to be separate. It might be worthwhile to get a extra copy just in case as that is a great looking 'pus! I wasn't that impressed with the Nolzur's offering. (then again, when I think of giant octopus, I think Kraken sized, soooooo)

• Like 3

Do we really receive two copies of Angelica? 

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

i guess? i can inquire on facebook about it

• Like 4

8 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Yes.. Ron stated so specifically in ReaperLive this week.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I got the same answer on Facebook

Screenshot_20200627-124140.png

Yes, they did it specifically so that if you just got the one box you got all of the faction minis and didn't get Angelica left out.

• Like 5

Well, I'll have to do something interesting with the extra...

Or toss it in the BoGW.

• Like 5

Okay, I finally did it! After dithering for weeks, I finally officially submitted my Reapercon classes. I don't have the format fully planned out yet, but I'm getting there; I need to do a couple of dry runs by myself to get the timing right. I'm super nervous but also super excited! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Okay, I finally did it! After dithering for weeks, I finally officially submitted my Reapercon classes. I don't have the format fully planned out yet, but I'm getting there; I need to do a couple of dry runs by myself to get the timing right. I'm super nervous but also super excited! :bday:

Huzzah!

Are you doing classes over Twitch or Xoom or have you decided?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Are you doing classes over Twitch or Xoom or have you decided?

I'm...somewhat unclear on that part. Since I don't/can't watch Reaper Live, I don't know which is being used for sure, and the information I've gotten through various emails has been contradictory about whether Reaper decides, or I do.

Zoom would be my preference since it will allow me to better interact with my students, but I'm preparing for both possibilities. 

Huzzah! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I'm...somewhat unclear on that part. Since I don't/can't watch Reaper Live, I don't know which is being used for sure, and the information I've gotten through various emails has been contradictory about whether Reaper decides, or I do.

Zoom would be my preference since it will allow me to better interact with my students, but I'm preparing for both possibilities. 

Huzzah! 

If I understand the Tech, the Twitch Platform would easily allow someone to present a class to 300 or more people who signed up. But it does not support voice interaction. Zoom, (last I heard had security issues) probably has a limit of less than 50 (maybe 24-25) persons plus an instructor. ISDs that tried using it for virtual classrooms would know its limits. Know any teachers? They would be who to ask.

• Like 3