Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

Reapercon 2020: early excitement and chatter

There is a chat function in zoom that allows folks to type questions.  There will be a moderator who's job is to audibly ask these questions throughout.  Participants can up-vote questions they want answered sooner.  I know I will be mostly fighting to keep painting on screen as opposed to my lap which is my natural go to, so I will do my best to also look for questions!  The link that should appear soon will have a list of sku# for paint and models, then if you already have some of the items, you need only purchase what you don't from the reaper store.  

If it helps for my skin classes: 77592 frost giant queen.  09047 fair skin, 09061 linen white, 09136 walnut brown, 09277 spattered crimson for the paint colors.  Though I may throw in some pure white and maybe a green, but not necessary to have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Water effects is the only one that jumps out at me, and not sure that will transfer well over online. Hm. But...it also sells out for real reapercons before I ever have a chance to get in one..

• Like 2

Right now the links on the "Register" button are the wrong links, it is taking you to the class link, instead of registration. It is being worked on, there will also be a button for class items as well. it is being worked on and thats why I haven't announced it yet. :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Corporea said:

If it helps for my skin classes: 77592 frost giant queen.  09047 fair skin, 09061 linen white, 09136 walnut brown, 09277 spattered crimson for the paint colors.  Though I may throw in some pure white and maybe a green, but not necessary to have.

The frost giant queen is sold out at Reaper...

I apologize. I was looking at the cloud giant since that’s what the description on Reapercon website says. I should have read the post above more closely. 

Edited by gmvader

Adrienne was on top of it!  I usually use the cloud giantess, but the stock was low so she helped me find well-stocked alternatives!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Highlander said:

BTW, older son was sent to Canada as a barbarian and you guys civilized him.  Except for hockey ... now he loves hockey.  He really loves hockey.  Thanks.

CAN one be considered civilized without an appreciation for the greatest game on ice (next to curling)?

Going through the classes now...I need to write down everything I'm interested in, and start narrowing down from there.  Then I need to find out how much, if any, time I need to request off from work.

1 hour ago, Corporea said:

Adrienne was on top of it!  I usually use the cloud giantess, but the stock was low so she helped me find well-stocked alternatives!

Adrienne is the best!!!

(Ron too..............) :lol:

37 minutes ago, strawhat said:

CAN one be considered civilized without an appreciation for the greatest game on ice (next to curling)?

Going through the classes now...I need to write down everything I'm interested in, and start narrowing down from there.  Then I need to find out how much, if any, time I need to request off from work.

Well, at least it isn't lawn polo...........:lol: GO BLUES!!!!

I'm a Portland Timbers fan & I like the MLS, but soccer really isn't my game, but I think over the last month or so with the MLS is Back tourney, I've come to appreciate the game more. I guess it's probably the whole Covid-19/no live sports on tv thing. Either way, PTFC!!!!

Working on finding appropriate maps to use in VTT. I'm sure most of the maps will be Heroic Maps, as I really like their style & their ready for VTT. I'd like to use the ones in actual book, but I think Heroics will look better. Now to learn more about Roll20. I think I'm gonna need to run some test games before RCon, as this will be my first Virtual DnD game as a DM. Anyone wanna help me test the system sometime this month?

• Like 2

Aha...I'm currently signed up to take 7 classes, and also teaching 4. :blink:

I...might have gone a little bit overboard lol. However, based on my previous experience with online class-type thingies, I personally find them less physically and socially draining, so that won't be nearly as much of a factor this ReaperCon. There's also a bit of buffer time before and after each of the classes I'm teaching, so that will help as well.

Getting EXCITED! :bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I'm pretty stoked. This is my first time ever teaching a class about painting models, and its kind of surreal. Its a privilege to have my name listed among people that I've looked up to and respected for years. I hope that I can prove myself worthy of the honor!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HolkDiggity said:

I'm pretty stoked. This is my first time ever teaching a class about painting models, and its kind of surreal. Its a privilege to have my name listed among people that I've looked up to and respected for years. I hope that I can prove myself worthy of the honor!

Awesome! Which one are you teaching? And yeah, it is definitely a surreal experience. This is my fourth year teaching, and it still totally boggles me that this is a thing I'm doing. :lol:

You'll be fine; I believe in you! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HolkDiggity said:

yeah, I still feel like that even after teaching for a few years!  :lol: You can do it!!

• Like 3

hmm i don't think i'll spring for any classes this year, but excited for my mega-bundle whenever they start shipping those

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

...i don't think i'll spring for any classes this year...

If by "...spring for any classes this year", you mean pay for any classes -- you don't.  Pay, that is.  They are free -- except for class materials.  And you probably have all or most of the paints.

Edited by Highlander
  • Like 3