OneBoot

Safe arrivals!

7 hours ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

Made it back to Nowhere, Louisiana with no issue. Really wish the drive had been more eventful.

Be ? Careful ? What ? You ? Wish ? For !!?

13 hours ago, Clearman said:

I have successfully made the trip down I-35 to Austin.  I should get an honorary NASCAR certificate.

Did those nutters who use interstates as racetracks follow you down to Austin?  They were plaguing me last Monday. 

(Serious / not kidding: instances of two cars racing each other and regarding other traffic as “course obstacles” or moving pylons to weave around.)

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, TGP said:

(Serious / not kidding: instances of two cars racing each other and regarding other traffic as “course obstacles” or moving pylons to weave around.)

As an Uber driver who mostly covers the late night bar scene (We are not the kind of Ninjas who wake up before 9am without coaxing, so late night is perfect for us) it’s a rare night when at some point I’m not passed by some over-testosterone’d punks drag racing on the freeway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

Finally awake. Rolled in at 1am. 

Wow, what a blast. I'm exhausted but it was worth it. I really enjoyed meeting a lot of you.

Is registration open yet for 2020?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Heads up to anyone driving through Joplin MO today. There are ramps closed but not marked, i.e. you can get off I44 but not back on. And the workaround that Google send you on is also closed. What should have been a simple gas and go cost us a bonus 20 minutes of screwing around. :angry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

Just boarded

Safe travels my friends!

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Thanks again to @7Ninjasinatrenchcoat for thw ride this more. You got us there on time and with great conversation. 10/10 would ride again!

Safely down in NYC. Thanks again for the ride!

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Safe on the groumd in DC. Good news is we landed early.  Bad news is that I now have a 2 hour layover and have just aboit caught up on the forums...

My phone has an app on it called Really Bad Chess

it is a good time killer game. 

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Zoxe said:

Heads up to anyone driving through Joplin MO today. There are ramps closed but not marked, i.e. you can get off I44 but not back on. And the workaround that Google send you on is also closed. What should have been a simple gas and go cost us a bonus 20 minutes of screwing around. :angry:

Thank you for the warning! We might have gotten caught in that mess too

• Like 8

@Dilvish the Deliverer

Here is a screenshot:

26C33204-3196-4317-8380-5B0F82300A6C.thumb.png.146bbc44cf838d4dfdc5282c220daa2e.png

The concept is to play chess but without all the stress. All the usual chessmen. But there is a sliding scale for how difficult it is. Set it for 0 for most fun/least brain drain. 

The normal “army composition” rules of Chess are chucked out the airlock. This is how the difficulty level can be on a sliding scale. Each side will be different, and the lower the board rank number, the easier it is. (30-35 is about even odds; it can be set higher than that :ph34r: )

• Like 4