OneBoot

Safe arrivals!

The dragon wakes from his fitful slumber!

He roars "RRRUUUMMM!!!

*piteous whining from liver*

Perhaps some food?

Nap was good.  Food, laundry and shower are next.  Then maybe back to bed.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The dragon wakes from his fitful slumber!

He roars "RRRUUUMMM!!!

*piteous whining from liver*

Perhaps some food?

Nap was good.  Food, laundry and shower are next.  Then maybe back to bed.

Next Year:

"We're gonna need  a Lot More Rum!"

>purple/on<

Do you have any idea how much Rum it takes to fill up a Niffler?

Does anybody?

Especially if its a Nick Anybody/Anything?

>purple/off<

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Home safe! Total trip time was 11.75 hours including stops!

The rollover accident just outside Pueblo helped immensely by blocking traffic behind me (I know, I know; horrible but I will point out I came in 2nd last night on CAH).

Slightly vibrating from the caffeine and long ride. Briefly caught Con Crud after Clayton but managed to kill it off by Colorado Springs. Seriously! Nose got all stuffed up and had a fever. Every plate was dead, so I doubt it was allergies. 

Anyway, spaghetti dinner then the giving of loots to the wife. 

• Like 12

Made it home. @Echoside_ and I are seriously thinking of driving next year as TSA caused 2 paint spills and didnt return a bottle of paint they took and tested. Grrr!!@#%@ 

Several boxes of stuff were nicely packed and set so they wouldn't get damaged. They are SMASHED now. Ugh! And going through second checked bag, they broke the zipper... 

Otherwise wasnt too bad a day travel wise. 

Safe travels everyone still en route! 

-Z

Edited by Zanderina
Added more content
  • Like 3
  • Sad 11

4 minutes ago, Zanderina said:

Made it home. @Echoside_ and I are seriously thinking of driving next year as TSA caused 2 paint spills and didnt return a bottle of paint they took and tested. Grrr!!@#%@ 

Several boxes of stuff were nicely packed and set so they wouldn't get damaged. They are SMASHED now. Ugh! 

-Z

An alternative is to get TSA pre-check.  They just mess with your stuff less when you have it.  As an example, soap apparently looks like plastic explosive on their scanner.  I had a bunch of home-made soap that I brought on a girls trip as a gift.  Security didn't bat an eye when I brought it through, (I have TSA pre-check) but when we rearranged stuff to bring wine home it got moved to a friend's suitcase and they pulled her aside and searched her bag. Plus you don't have to remove as much junk from your bag when you go through.  

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

An alternative is to get TSA pre-check.  They just mess with your stuff less when you have it.  As an example, soap apparently looks like plastic explosive on their scanner.  I had a bunch of home-made soap that I brought on a girls trip as a gift.  Security didn't bat an eye when I brought it through, (I have TSA pre-check) but when we rearranged stuff to bring wine home it got moved to a friend's suitcase and they pulled her aside and searched her bag. Plus you don't have to remove as much junk from your bag when you go through.  

Sounds like something @Echoside_ needs to look into next year.  He handles flight,  I handle hotel.  

Good info though and thank you!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Zanderina said:

Several boxes of stuff were nicely packed and set so they wouldn't get damaged. They are SMASHED now. Ugh! And going through second checked bag, they broke the zipper... 

-Z

Holy crap. Glad you guys made it through and are home safe. 

I'm all for a caravan thread next year, for everybody who decides to drive... I'm fairly sure we will do it again.

Also, progress report; Andi and I are safely settled in at another Hilton Embassy Suites, and can highly recommend the expense of an AAA membership (the combo of a for sale sign and the need to advertise clean rooms put us off our first choice).:blink::wacko::zombie:

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Zanderina said:

Sounds like something @Echoside_ needs to look into next year.  He handles flight,  I handle hotel.  

Good info though and thank you!

Though I feel like I should ask whether you wish to financially support TSA operations with your pre-check fee. Sitting on my hands now to avoid this being moved to Beekeepers...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Left this morning about 0530 and rolled into driveway at 2040 Georgia time. 

Next year if anyone wants to carpool from this neck of the woods I’m game. 

Thanks again to everyone, it was another awesome Con this year. I’m wore out but it was awesome and passed by super fast. 

• Like 11