Sign in to follow this  
OneBoot

Safe arrivals!

23 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Childress. At nine police sightings so far. Only saw two coming to the con.

They announced on the radio that TX DPS would be out in force, all hands on deck, breathalyzers ready, for  Labor Day.

Something about wanting to curb the upward trend of accidental fatalities on this holiday. 

So, be advised. 

• Like 6

We got home around 2am EST. There was a massive thunderstorm over Pittsburgh, so our pilot had to circle around for an extra half hour. Then, when we landed, luggage from 5 flights came in on the only open carousel, so that took another hour. Then we had to get back to our car and drive home. It was pretty stressful, but we're back home and happy!

• Like 14

Made it through airport security no problem, now an hour wait at my gate until boarding. Fairly quiet at DFW this morning so lines were super short! 

There was a lady behind me in the security line who was super nervous, since it was her first time flying. So I told her what to expect and what to take out of her purse, etc. She kind of freaked out a little when they needed to check her purse (I thought they might, it was big and quite full), but I just kept telling her that it was okay, the scanner just couldn't see everything, etc. She got through just fine, hopefully her next flight experience is less stressful! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 16

@Echoside_ and I are at Dallas - Love Feild waiting for our flight. Lines were moderately long but they moved quickly.  One of our carryons got dinged... stupid medals... lol! 

Hope to be in Detroit about 515 (415 central time). Then home about 8 pm if traffic is light. 

Safe travels everyone! 

-Z

• Like 9

Albuquerque airport is great. Small but comfy, old style and does not have the hustle and bustle of other airports. This is great. Passed time by walking around and looking at the art and sculpts in the gift shops. Also picked up a coffee. Kept passing out on the layover from lovefield. 

• Like 9

Cheryl and I got home last night at about 12:30. Surprisingly enough, I chose to sleep rather than talk to you folks. ::D:

No problems, lots of police on the roads. Our habit of staying right at the speed limit whenever out of our home state works pretty well (even if it seems really slow.)

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, HolkDiggity said:

He is also glad that we're home.20190902_131153.thumb.jpg.2d71b63ddfe623659f4103527758a873.jpg

That cat looks just like the one that was guarding the vendor area. 

• Like 8

I’ve gotten as far as Chicago. 

Now I need to kill a few hours before I can start the last leg home.

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Made it through airport security no problem, now an hour wait at my gate until boarding. Fairly quiet at DFW this morning so lines were super short! 

There was a lady behind me in the security line who was super nervous, since it was her first time flying. So I told her what to expect and what to take out of her purse, etc. She kind of freaked out a little when they needed to check her purse (I thought they might, it was big and quite full), but I just kept telling her that it was okay, the scanner just couldn't see everything, etc. She got through just fine, hopefully her next flight experience is less stressful! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

The lines were indeed mercifully short.

i felt a little bad for the TSA folks at my checkpoint. They seemed positively terrified of breaking something when they were trying to open up my Tablewar case for inspection.

I managed to talk them through it. ^_^

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1