Jump to content

Safe arrivals!


OneBoot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

The dragon wakes from his fitful slumber!

 

He roars "RRRUUUMMM!!!

 

*piteous whining from liver*

 

Perhaps some food?

 

Nap was good.  Food, laundry and shower are next.  Then maybe back to bed.

 

Next Year:

"We're gonna need  a Lot More Rum!"

>purple/on<

Do you have any idea how much Rum it takes to fill up a Niffler?

Does anybody?

Especially if its a Nick Anybody/Anything?

>purple/off<

GEM

 

 

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Home safe! Total trip time was 11.75 hours including stops!

 

The rollover accident just outside Pueblo helped immensely by blocking traffic behind me (I know, I know; horrible but I will point out I came in 2nd last night on CAH).

 

Slightly vibrating from the caffeine and long ride. Briefly caught Con Crud after Clayton but managed to kill it off by Colorado Springs. Seriously! Nose got all stuffed up and had a fever. Every plate was dead, so I doubt it was allergies. 

 

Anyway, spaghetti dinner then the giving of loots to the wife. 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made it home. @Echoside_ and I are seriously thinking of driving next year as TSA caused 2 paint spills and didnt return a bottle of paint they took and tested. [email protected]#%@ 

Several boxes of stuff were nicely packed and set so they wouldn't get damaged. They are SMASHED now. Ugh! And going through second checked bag, they broke the zipper... 

 

Otherwise wasnt too bad a day travel wise. 

 

Safe travels everyone still en route! 

 

-Z

Edited by Zanderina
Added more content
  • Like 3
  • Sad 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zanderina said:

Made it home. @Echoside_ and I are seriously thinking of driving next year as TSA caused 2 paint spills and didnt return a bottle of paint they took and tested. [email protected]#%@ 

Several boxes of stuff were nicely packed and set so they wouldn't get damaged. They are SMASHED now. Ugh! 

Otherwise wasnt too bad a day travel wise. 

 

Safe travels everyone still en route! 

 

-Z

 

An alternative is to get TSA pre-check.  They just mess with your stuff less when you have it.  As an example, soap apparently looks like plastic explosive on their scanner.  I had a bunch of home-made soap that I brought on a girls trip as a gift.  Security didn't bat an eye when I brought it through, (I have TSA pre-check) but when we rearranged stuff to bring wine home it got moved to a friend's suitcase and they pulled her aside and searched her bag. Plus you don't have to remove as much junk from your bag when you go through.  

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

An alternative is to get TSA pre-check.  They just mess with your stuff less when you have it.  As an example, soap apparently looks like plastic explosive on their scanner.  I had a bunch of home-made soap that I brought on a girls trip as a gift.  Security didn't bat an eye when I brought it through, (I have TSA pre-check) but when we rearranged stuff to bring wine home it got moved to a friend's suitcase and they pulled her aside and searched her bag. Plus you don't have to remove as much junk from your bag when you go through.  

Sounds like something @Echoside_ needs to look into next year.  He handles flight,  I handle hotel.  

 

Good info though and thank you!

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Zanderina said:

Made it home. @Echoside_ and I are seriously thinking of driving next year as TSA caused 2 paint spills and didnt return a bottle of paint they took and tested. [email protected]#%@ 

Several boxes of stuff were nicely packed and set so they wouldn't get damaged. They are SMASHED now. Ugh! And going through second checked bag, they broke the zipper... 

 

Otherwise wasnt too bad a day travel wise. 

 

Safe travels everyone still en route! 

 

-Z

 

Holy crap. Glad you guys made it through and are home safe. 

 

I'm all for a caravan thread next year, for everybody who decides to drive... I'm fairly sure we will do it again.

 

Also, progress report; Andi and I are safely settled in at another Hilton Embassy Suites, and can highly recommend the expense of an AAA membership (the combo of a for sale sign and the need to advertise clean rooms put us off our first choice).:blink::wacko::zombie:

  • Like 5
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zanderina said:

Sounds like something @Echoside_ needs to look into next year.  He handles flight,  I handle hotel.  

 

Good info though and thank you!

 

Though I feel like I should ask whether you wish to financially support TSA operations with your pre-check fee. Sitting on my hands now to avoid this being moved to Beekeepers...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...