Sign in to follow this  
7Ninjasinatrenchcoat

Reapercon Lost and Found

As always, Reapercon was a blast. 

Unfortunately, in all the painting and games and hanging out, I lost my Swag Bag. And that’s sad but it’s not the end of the world. 

Its what’s in the bag. I brought up my whole brush cup (with *all* of my brushes from my paint table) and the dollar store pencil box with *all* of my tools - scalpel, clippers, calipers, pin vise, files, etc. to clear table space when I was done painting, I put those in my swag bag. Alongside the 54mm resin “Kaiju Girl” miniature from the vendor hall, still in box. 

And 2 neoprene mats that are used in a board game as the board. 

All the regular swag items were still inside also. 

If its found and and you will return the mats, brushes, tools, and the Hangar 18/Bawidaman “Kaiju Girl” (54mm resin) miniature I don’t even care if you keep literally everything else. I just want that stuff back. 

Please help if youve accidentally collected my swag bag by mistake, they all look alike and it could happen to anyone. 

• Sad 19

11 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I hope it was just a mistake someone made and you get it back.

I’m going to assume it was an Honest mistake. I just hope that the person who accidentally took the wrong bag realizes it sooner rather than later. 

And lessons learned. From now on I will not be leaving anything unattended at the show. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat said:

And lessons learned. From now on I will not be leaving anything unattended at the show. 

Unfortunately, the con has gotten to big to leave anything unattended, not a complaint, it just comes with the territory...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nytflyr said:

Unfortunately, the con has gotten to big to leave anything unattended, not a complaint, it just comes with the territory...

Ironically I left my lamps and fairly expensive carrying case for my competition entry unattended most of the weekend and they were fine. Since only the swag bag went missing I am assuming no ill intent. 

But yeah, lesson learned. 

• Like 2

As happens - and I do not have your stuff, for the record! - I came /very close/ to walking off with someone else's Swag Bag myself Saturday; which .... that could easily be what happened. Only reason I caught it before catastrophe occurred was that someone wanted to be fireballed and had Really Good Timing. :/

Hopefully, your stuff will turn up safely. 

• Like 6

It didn’t come home with me, I ended up with just the one. 

Some clever vendor should think of a way to sell swag bag customizers. Little things to hang from the handles of the bags. Tiny plushy animals. Color combo handle cushions. Something to make them unique. 

Buttons maybe. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat said:

I’m going to assume it was an Honest mistake. I just hope that the person who accidentally took the wrong bag realizes it sooner rather than later. 

Please notify Reper as soon as you can tomorrow.

If it is an honest mistake the person may be nearlay as worried as you and a call to Reaper describing the situation will help to expedite communication all along the line.

Hoping and praying for a happy conclusion to this story.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat said:

3 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I hope it was just a mistake someone made and you get it back.

It might well be in a UPS package, on a brown plane, etc. Shipped from the hotel. 

• Like 4

@pcktlnt told me the bag was found; his wife took it home, but Bryan ended up with @Dilvish the Deliverer 's bag somehow (I didn't quite hear how it happened), but it's okay because he's giving Dilvish a ride in the morning.

If one of you can confirm that would be good. :) 

EDIT: See below

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

We can't fox the other stuff but I think at the least we can ensure that you get a replacement for your swag and any missing reaper minis and probably a good chunk of your tools.  I do hope the bag is found, but if it isn't, let us know so we can help.  

• Like 5

I’ve spoken to @ReaperRon and he’s going to keep an eye out for anything. I’ll probably be swinging by the shop this week anyway after Post-Con Madness dies down, so if it’s been found and communicated, I’ll know soonish. 

I’m just frustrated because I have videos to post on my YouTube channel and I’m out of tools and brushes,

• Sad 9

28 minutes ago, 7Ninjasinatrenchcoat said:

I’ve spoken to @ReaperRon and he’s going to keep an eye out for anything. I’ll probably be swinging by the shop this week anyway after Post-Con Madness dies down, so if it’s been found and communicated, I’ll know soonish. 

I’m just frustrated because I have videos to post on my YouTube channel and I’m out of tools and brushes,

I'll be down at breakfast in about 45 mins; come find me I have a few spare brushes in my backpack.

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4