Jump to content

Reapercon Lost and Found


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My (hopefully) helpful contribution to this thread is to suggest bringing a different bag to carry your stuff. The swag bags are great but everyone has them, leading to confusion. 

 

I brought and carried my supplies in a heavy canvas bag, completely different than the swag bags.

 

Hopefully everyone gets their stuff back.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rastl said:

My (hopefully) helpful contribution to this thread is to suggest bringing a different bag to carry your stuff. The swag bags are great but everyone has them, leading to confusion.

I guess I've been subconsciously doing that for years now, swag bag makes it to room and doesn't leave until we head home

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

My black brushes case went missing after the first  class of the con. It never did turn up at the hotel or reg desk lost and found. :down: I think the woman sitting next to me in class picked it up by accident.

 

Thankfully, my lost glasses DID turn up in the hotel lost and found before I left for my flight! :bday:

  • Like 5
  • Sad 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend's swag bag also grew legs this Con--we searched every step he'd been but no dice. Lost all his Reaperbucks (he had a stack from his classes), and we'd already hit the Store, so it was a shot in the jaw. I've been carrying a separate satchel bag for years and leave everything up in the room once I collect my Swag--but mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to carry everything around with me. I have always been extremely comforted and impressed with the level of trust and security that prevailed on the Con floor with paint, supplies, lights, projects, etc that are left unmolested/untouched. Not sure that time still hasn't left us, but this thread and experience this year does give me more pause.

  • Sad 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

My friend's swag bag also grew legs this Con--we searched every step he'd been but no dice. Lost all his Reaperbucks (he had a stack from his classes), and we'd already hit the Store, so it was a shot in the jaw. I've been carrying a separate satchel bag for years and leave everything up in the room once I collect my Swag--but mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to carry everything around with me. I have always been extremely comforted and impressed with the level of trust and security that prevailed on the Con floor with paint, supplies, lights, projects, etc that are left unmolested/untouched. Not sure that time still hasn't left us, but this thread and experience this year does give me more pause.)

 

When the Con was at the factory, you could leave things out & they would never get taken or touched. With the Con moving to hotels & such, it's been a bit more or take your own risk. Granted, I've never had anything go missing (I usually end up with something of someone's, just the nature of having a bunch of people together).

 

I generally have a ton of stuff being a DM/GM when I'm at the Con so I've been able to stick my stuff under my table & nothing gets disturbed (either that I just stick it by Mike & Dallas's area (ie HQ for the games). Sucks to hear about your friends swag & purchases thou. One reason why I lose out on Con only deals I tend to just stick the bag up in the room & then at the end go through the bag to see what I've got. I do take out the gift certificate that usually comes in there but say codes for % off during RCOn weekend, I tend to lose out on.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 8:53 PM, haldir said:

 

When the Con was at the factory, you could leave things out & they would never get taken or touched. With the Con moving to hotels & such, it's been a bit more or take your own risk. Granted, I've never had anything go missing (I usually end up with something of someone's, just the nature of having a bunch of people together).

 

I generally have a ton of stuff being a DM/GM when I'm at the Con so I've been able to stick my stuff under my table & nothing gets disturbed (either that I just stick it by Mike & Dallas's area (ie HQ for the games). Sucks to hear about your friends swag & purchases thou. One reason why I lose out on Con only deals I tend to just stick the bag up in the room & then at the end go through the bag to see what I've got. I do take out the gift certificate that usually comes in there but say codes for % off during RCOn weekend, I tend to lose out on.

Thanks--with the concentrated search it was pretty clear it was taken. Not entirely certain it was malicious however. There are just SO many standard swag bags walking around the Con that it could easily have been picked up by mistake. That it wasn't turned in or reported once the switch was discovered takes the safety off the wishes of Vengeful Thunderbolts from Above however. We were able to replace the purchases for the most part (though he had gotten a few things from the factory that weren't as easy to replace) and the aforementioned Reaperbucks. I bought an extra bag for myself, which I gave to him, but he has sworn (after swearing a lot) to never carry his swag bag around again with him again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

There are just SO many standard swag bags walking around the Con that it could easily have been picked up by mistake...

 

I will say it again. All This is a *big* opportunity for a vendor or two to sell bag customizing Knick-Knacks of some sort, perhaps several sorts. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...