Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

Welcome to Getting to Know You, September 2019 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand:

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.

1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, and random forum members are all chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 

2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
3. Questions are going to be posted sometime before 10:00am Central US Daylight time
4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me... 
5. You do not have to answer every question to play...
6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to answer (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
7. Weekend questions may take the form of two or three day quests, starting on Friday or Saturday.

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 2:   What do you plan to accomplish this month? 

Nothing....If I plan for nothing I can't be disappointed....

To be serious though, in my day job I have some work which has to be completed (data transformations for anyone interested) which is expected to take about the next 6 weeks to complete, so the plan is to get that done on or before schedule!

In terms of hobby stuff, maybe get my office sorted out a bit better...it's only been 2 years!

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Get unpacked.

Put (any nonzero amount of) paint on a mini every day.

Go to the gym at least 4 times.

• Like 16

Make a bunch of terrain for an event in October. In non hobby related things, get the house work under control. It got away from us while I was working multiple jobs, and even though I'm no longer doing that, and haven't for a while, it's still an uphill battle to reclaim the somewhat tidiness we once had. Especially since I'm kind of a slob to begin with.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Start working on next years Reapercon entries and actually get some painting done.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Post-op appointment on the 19th. I plan to avoid blowing a stitch because I've seen hernias, I never want one :zombie:

This is the month I attempt DDS2. Warn the Goblin, this is the month I attempt his challenge :ph34r:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

1) keep up with this thread for once

2) paint some miniatures through discipline instead of motivation 

3) continue going to the gym three times a week

4) setup my art space

5) update my resume

• Like 11

Clearly, my plan involves some sort of giant stompy robots, because that's all I'm spending money on it seems.  Well, that and bills, but bills aren't giant bipedal machines of doom, so.... :p

A tidied up painting area wouldn't hurt, as would maybe, just maybe, getting to start being active in the wargaming community again...  Infinity looks like a lot of fun. 

Oh yeah, more cleaning and tidying of the living room wouldn't hurt either, since eventually it's going to have some... Extra things in it (new furniture!) 

58 minutes ago, NebulousMissy said:

This is the month I attempt DDS2. Warn the Goblin, this is the month I attempt his challenge :ph34r:

I look forward to the thread!  Seven day challenge threads are awesome to follow! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Unpack the swag bag from RCon. 

2 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

Nothing....If I plan for nothing I can't be disappointed....

This is ^ my usual ^ but sad, modus operandi.

Work on something that I could maybe enter for next year’s painting contest. Never done that before. 

Finish a drawing that is in work :ph34r:

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Hobby Wise - Finish Vilthiss, Finish my Scratch built Casket of Souls, Finish my Warcats Unit and finish Thoth.

Not Hobby related - lose a few pounds, somehow I gained a few during the vacation. And to think I'm practically a vegetarian, I only ate herbivores!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

I am going to paint an Aeon Trespass Nymph of Knowledge to be a demigoddess of history, and I am going to paint a Dark Sword Thief of Hearts Warrior to be my rescued justice archon.

Going to go to the Denver Gem & Mineral show and see some friends out there.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Hobby-wise:- Try and get this danged Elf King finished so I can start my Gigalion plus hunters set, also try and put a bit more of a dent into my pile of Warhammer Underworlds minis before Season 3 starts.

Non-hobby-wise:- Play catch-up with all the chores and exercises I couldn't do in August because it was stupid hot.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

I don't plan that far ahead. I am more of a one day at a time Guy.

6 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

Post-op appointment on the 19th. I plan to avoid blowing a stitch because I've seen hernias, I never want one :zombie:

I hope you feel better. 

QUESTION: What is DDS2?

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

I hope to have all my YouTube/Patreon videos for October done by the end of September. 

I’m currently done recording for all of Sept but have 6 videos to edit together and such before I can start October 

• Like 14