Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 11: What is your best remedy for treating a cold or flu? (Symptoms are fever, congestion, sneezing, coughing, etc.)

Method 1: Enough Nyquil to knock me out for a week.

Method 2: Breathe/cough/sneeze over everything and everyone to spread the infection. Because misery loves company.

Apart from sarcastic solutions, I've got nothing that hasn't been mentioned. The last cold I had was the result of people not covering their mouths while hacking up a lung less than a foot away from me; took me two weeks to get over it. Haven't had the flu in a few years, hopefully that trend continues.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 11: What is your best remedy for treating a cold or flu? (Symptoms are fever, congestion, sneezing, coughing, etc.)

Daytime/Work- lots of Daynurse(cough/fever med with plenty of caffine. Tastes like liquefied evil), Alphonse Mango sorbet and as much soup as I can handle.

Night time- dose of Nightnurse( Daynurses better tasting sister with a slight sedative), curling up in bed with the kitteh. 

The only downside to this is that cold/flu meds give me horrifically vivid and realistic nightmares ::(: Fortunately, I don't get sick that often.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Usually:

1. Take whatever cold/sinus crap I can take beyond my normal allergy/sinus stuff
  2. Try whatever cough syrup/ vapo stuff wife recommends/brings home
  3. build a mountain of pillows to elevate my head in hopes of getting some sort of sleep (if you've never tried using a CPAP with a cold...:zombie:)
  4. After 3-5 days go see the doctor for the resulting sinus/throat/chest infection and/or bronchial spasming. 
  5. Take whatever he prescribes for X days.
  6. Book second appointment with Doctor.
  7. Get a different batch of whatever else he prescribes.
  8. Take that for Y days.
  9. Finally feel better.

That's my BEST method of treating a cold or flu.  Usually takes 2 weeks to a month.
My body doesn't like colds or flus, or really anything that involves the respiratory system......

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

1. Ignore it as long as possible and keep working

2. Schedule the worst of it for the weekend

3. Use my off-time to battle in the Microbe Wars

4. Go back to work and keep going

Seems to work so far, there are reasons why a lot of my workplaces have registered 0 sick days from me.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Neti pot with sea salt, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. 

'Tea' made with organic apple cider vinegar, hot water and honey.

Salt water gargle

Big glass of cognac and a good book to make me forget how disgusting the above is...

• Like 11

On 9/10/2019 at 7:13 AM, Inarah said:

Today's question is brought to you by Crowley.  

Question for Sept. 10: Now that ReaperCon is over, what are you most looking forward to? 

A team for work otherwise I'm going to burn out fast.

On 9/11/2019 at 7:21 AM, Inarah said:

Hit it with vitamins, chicken soup, rest, and whatever medicine to get through most of the symptoms.

• Like 8

Question for Sept 12:  Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day.  What is your favorite flavor? Do you like mix-ins? (pieces of cookie or candy ground up in the shake?)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 12:  Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day.  What is your favorite flavor? Do you like mix-ins? (pieces of cookie or candy ground up in the shake?)

There really does seem to be a National Day for absolutely everything.

I would not drink any milkshake if I can just get a nice glass of ordinary fresh milk from the local farm. Nectar.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Peppermint.

But peppermint is usually hard to come by so I'll settle for strawberry.  I'll even settle for a McDonalds strawberry shake if a better ice cream place isn't convenient.

I dislike mix-ins for milkshakes.  Milkshakes should be drinkable through a straw.  Mix-ins tend to get in the way of that.

All of this said, milkshakes are rather high in calories so I tend not to drink them anymore.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I don't drink them very often, because in recent years I've found too much dairy in one go causes issues for me (it's the fat content for me, no one in the house will drink fat-free milk). Personally, I don't tamper with a tried and true classic like a chocolate milkshake. Mix-ins are not very popular with me, mainly due to the clogging effect they can have on the straw; I always get a piece stuck into my straw, disrupting my enjoyment.

Best way to have a milkshake though is with 2 straws: (a) helps with the clogging problem and (b) a second straw means you can share it simultaneously with your date/partner of choice.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Don't like chocolate milkshakes. Give me a vanilla shake, though, and I'm all in. Don't need any additives, but I'm not averse to cookie dough or crumbled Butterfingers.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I love chocolate milk shakes, occasionally I will have some peanut butter in it as well.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Always been a fan of banana milkshakes, never had any mix-ins.

Can't really have them these days though, it would be too much milk for my poor old body now.

• Like 8

I'll drink a chocolate shake, but given my druthers I'd rather have a butterscotch malt. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Hard choice... depending on my mood, peach milkshake or an old fashioned chocolate malted milkshake. No mix-ins, please.

• Like 9