Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 23.  It's the first day of Fall.  What's the weather like where you are? 

70s.. the sun has endeavoured to be right in my eyes whenever I'm driving. Interspersed with periodic deluges. Generally nice out, but damp.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 23.  It's the first day of Fall.  What's the weather like where you are? 

Sunny 23 C and very windy. Predicting rain and freezing temps in a few days and snow on the weekend. A lot of farmers including me aren't going to be happy if it's right. Still a lot left to do before that bleep hits. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

It has chilled down to a frosty 79 °F  / 26 °C whiles we wait for the next question. 

So far September has been warmer than the average numbers but the summer was milder than typical (less days over 100°).

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

18C and we had a steady pattern of sun/rain/torrential rain/sun/rain/torrential rain/sun...... We had some nice clouds, though.

DSCN0004.thumb.JPG.076e6dabee24808271ba61d75a995e84.JPG

Today is going to be torrential rain and thunderstorms, whoo hoo <_<

21 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Sunny and a bit warmer than I'd like.

Can we swap? ::D:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

We had some nice clouds, though.

Oh! I did snap a cloud picture recently. 

*** rummages in photo stream ***

4D64ABC4-B36C-498D-AAE7-407702E79540.thumb.jpeg.2332fb1b40219cd65b6fabf61301ea6b.jpeg

It just needs a castle on top. 

• Like 10

It stormed the lights out here about 2am, literally my power went off twice. 

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Inarah said:

It was, uhm... grey? Not too cold, not too warm. Fall colour are just starting to come out.

I spent nearly all of it indoors away from windows, so I may have missed something.

• Like 9

Question for Sept 24:  Which would you rather spend the day at: an art museum, history museum, or science museum? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 24:  Which would you rather spend the day at: an art museum, history museum, or science museum? 

Science, because our local one has an explosives one atm if I remember correctly... 

That and I haven't been to the Space and Science Center for ages.... 

• Like 8

On 9/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, Inarah said:

Question for the weekend of Sept 21-22:  It is the end of summer. How did yours go? Any particularly good experiences to share? 

Obviously ReaperCon was one of the highlights, but overall, a few things happened.

• Yearly family picnic in early August on my mother's side.
  • Got a new high-end sound system for my home theatre.
  • It seemed I had constant appointments outside of town (eye doctor, new insoles, cardiologists, pacemaker technicians, followup exams)
  • Crack in the windshield (now fixed)
  • Turned 48.
  • Weather was very nice. Not as ridiculously hot as last year. Far less house flies for some reason.
  • Met a distant relative. :winkthumbs: Then she died of cancer. :down: (this one really came as a shock as I thought she was on extended vacation after so much overtime)
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

History!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Inarah said:

History!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Inarah said:

An art museum.  Though there tends to be a fair bit of overlap with history there if the museum has an anthropological focus or wing.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It's a toss up between history and science with a little more weight going to science. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Probably History or Science.

Whichever one dinosaurs count as ::D:

• Like 10
  • Haha 1