Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

On 9/6/2019 at 11:18 PM, Inarah said:

Challenge for Sept 7-8:  Take a picture of something you did, or something that interested you this weekend and share it. Tell us about what you were doing or what you saw.  It can be ordinary, or extraordinary.  

I almost thought I had absolutely nothing to share. But then I remembered:

20190908_171648.thumb.jpg.ec36c02883128cb5968ab4b7cbe00014.jpg

I put together an entertainment center with a kitten playing with the pieces as I did so. So that's an achievement.

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 9:  What personality trait do you want to be best known for? (patience, creativity, generosity, etc)

It used to be intelligence or cleverness...

But I don't know anymore.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 9:  What personality trait do you want to be best known for? (patience, creativity, generosity, etc)

Loyalty. 

I'll probably be known for being grumpy though.

• Like 9

On 9/6/2019 at 10:18 PM, Inarah said:

Challenge for Sept 7-8:  Take a picture of something you did, or something that interested you this weekend and share it. Tell us about what you were doing or what you saw.  It can be ordinary, or extraordinary.  

Normally I skip the questions I miss, but today I decided to break that rule. We camped at Crystal lake over the weekend and had a nice hike around the Falison lake nature trail. We did the whole long loop this time, as the bugs weren't too bad at all since it's  so late in the season.20190907_141624.thumb.jpg.c9d675aa909635227659960ab358c575.jpg20190907_133120.thumb.jpg.f62a72790ee9e116fb8397b85ba6ebe8.jpg

This is one of the easier trails we like to do, but a good one for this trip since we haven't done much camping and hiking in a while. We hiked around the lake and the bogs and the went into Minocqua to wander and have a drink, then we came back to camp for hotdogs and s'mores. We also saw a tree frog which is something I've somehow managed to never see while camping before.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

Hopefully, it's for being a nice guy.

What it's actually gonna be? Let's not speculate....

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

What I am known for - efficiency (I recently picked up an extra day of work, my boss was happy because she figured one day of my time was worth at least 2-3 of anyone else in the team)

What I'd like to be known for  - TBH I'm pretty happy with the above

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

(purple) Well, you are the reason the rum is gone, if I remember correctly... (end purple) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

It used to be intelligence or cleverness...

But I don't know anymore.

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Actually...after some thought, I'm still proud to be House Ravenclaw...so I think I'll say Individuality.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

I would like to be known for being fun and adventurous. 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

I’d like to be known for kindness. When I was young I was known for my patience. These days I’m probably just known as the person that is first to jump up and rant the instant someone sends something stupid to the team mailbox, I guess that means sensitive and overreacting.

Edited by Sibling
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

Ingenuity.  This comes up a lot more in my job than in painting.

Really, though, I just want to be remembered fondly.  “I’m glad I knew him.”

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Kindness or creativity.

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Kittens are great helpers for when you need to focus on a project. 

Omg! So are babies! I got SO MUCH packed with Sephy. :lol: :zombie:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Tree mimic.

15 hours ago, Inarah said:

For my comprehension skills when it comes to technical stuff. Otherwise, people probably know me for being the quiet one until I feel comfortable around you... then I'm the one you're telling to shut up. ^.^

• Like 10

Today's question is brought to you by Crowley.  

Question for Sept. 10: Now that ReaperCon is over, what are you most looking forward to? 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Today's question is brought to you by Crowley.  

Question for Sept. 10: Now that ReaperCon is over, what are you most looking forward to? 

Reapercon had little enough to do with this, since I didn't go, but...

1. Hobby-wise: my players are about to reach a major plot arc conclusion, I think it'll be a fun encounter to run and some creepy stuff for them to discover.

2. Other-wise: in a few weeks, we're (my wife and I) taking a weekend to go see Joan Jett and Heart in concert. I'm looking forward to the show; there are a few early Jett concerts on my list of "if I had a time machine" shows; I'm also looking forward to just having an actual vacation, however short. It'll be the first time in years we both are going out of town, together, for something that isn't at least partially work- or family- related.

• Like 8