Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

On 9/9/2019 at 9:30 AM, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 9:  What personality trait do you want to be best known for? (patience, creativity, generosity, etc)

I think it would be great to be known for all of those examples. But I think perseverance is mine, though. And I can't do that without my love's help. Despite various physical and mental stuff, I'm still here. And I'm still doing art. Perseverance!

13 hours ago, Inarah said:

Today's question is brought to you by Crowley.  

Question for Sept. 10: Now that ReaperCon is over, what are you most looking forward to?

I dunno.... Next ReaperCon? :lol: I have some chibi vampires that I've been meaning to make into a spooky snowglobe for a couple years now. I think that will be my destress project. Oooh, and sculpting my griffon. Gotta finish what I start! I'm also taking an art class next month, so I'm studying really hard for that and getting stressfully excited!

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

I'm also taking an art class next month, so I'm studying really hard for that and getting stressfully excited!

What is the art class about?

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Crowley said:

Wait... what??

I am the fortunate beneficiary of the legacy of UK's historic role as the largest marine trading nation.

There is still a provision within our tax codes for members of the merchant navy that allows serving officers who spend more than 185 days a year outside UK... to reclaim 100% of their tax!

For this reason I usually take at least one short holiday abroad each year to be sure that I qualify for this "little" bonus.

It just amazes me that this loophole hasn't been abolished by the killjoys in our government... yet.

• Like 18
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

CAV Kickstarter coming in!

And getting to enjoy Halloween as a normal person!

Isn't that against the Halloween Spirit? ::P:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:
12 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Halloween

IT’S TIME TO GET SPOOKY!!!

D068608D-6B4D-4DB2-8C1F-2482EBA5FF61.jpeg

That's COOL!!!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, paintybeard said:

I am the fortunate beneficiary of the legacy of UK's historic role as the largest marine trading nation.

There is still a provision within our tax codes for members of the merchant navy that allows serving officers who spend more than 185 days a year outside UK... to reclaim 100% of their tax!

For this reason I usually take at least one short holiday abroad each year to be sure that I qualify for this "little" bonus.

It just amazes me that this loophole hasn't been abolished by the killjoys in our government... yet.

Lucky sea dog..

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Question for Sept. 11: What is your best remedy for treating a cold or flu? (Symptoms are fever, congestion, sneezing, coughing, etc.)

• Like 6

Just now, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 11: What is your best remedy for treating a cold or flu? (Symptoms are fever, congestion, sneezing, coughing, etc.)

Just now, Inarah said:

Whimpering to my wife...

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Suffering through it, but throwing as much Mucinex, Dayquill, and Sudafed at it as I can.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Daytime: Hot tea with honey and lemon, cough drops, and if REALLY desperate I will chew aspirin to deal with a sore throat.

Nightime: Nyquil. The night time sniffling sneezing pass out on the floor medicine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

16 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Sleep, soup, and DayQuil if I need to be functional for something.  I don't get sick very often, and I'm not usually sick very long when I do.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Drugs and sleep. Preferably former that induces the latter.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Treat the symptoms (lots of guaifenesin because of weak lungs) and suffer as little as possible. Sleep when I can.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Remedy....?!?

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 11: What is your best remedy for treating a cold or flu?

Recently I had a sickness event where the...

(Symptoms were chills, fever, cold sweats, joint aches, sneezing, coughing, vomiting, nausea etc.)

What liittle I tried can only be rated a FAIL: 

FAIL... FAIL... FAIL, FAIL, FAIL. 

On paper, the whole thing was a roaring success as a diet plan. I lost seven pounds in two days.  :zombie:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8