Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

I have pondered my answer all day. Still plenty of time remains before the next question is posted. 

19 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 12:  Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day. 

It was also national video games day and about four other things. Full participation would have required playing a video game, while slurping a Milkshake, and also posting an old school picture somewhere while waiting on hold to some 888 Number to report Medicare Fraud. (I wish I was making this up.)

NationalDay Dot Com has about 1500 National days on file. The poor year only has 365 days  <_<  so its a bit of a traffic jam. Maybe I can Register October 32nd as National Griffin Appreciation day.  :ph34r:

19 hours ago, Inarah said:

What is your favorite flavor? Do you like mix-ins? (pieces of cookie or candy ground up in the shake?)

Right. Back to chocolate. I like all flavors of chocolate (in a milkshake). Or at least I did at one time. 

I learned a bit about the original milk shake along the way today. It was: Milk, Chocolate Syrup, Eggs, and Whisky! ...a scoop of ice cream as an optional add-in to the original egg-nog-like health tonic. But that was a product of the Ancient Soda Fountains which had long since disappeared before I was ever a kid. 

Chunky Mix-ins and Toppings turn what should be a beverage into an ice cream confection requiring a spoon: Concretes, Blizzards, Frosties, Custards ...the names vary depending on the fast food place, but those are no longer shakes. 

The only mix-in that works is Malted Barley Powder which if included creates a Chocolate Malt rather than a Shake. (But the clueless not yet twenty somethings that staff fast food joints these days would just look at me funny if I asked for that.)

There was an outfit called Braum’s where a few times, some years ago, I convinced them to make a shake by my custom recipe: Chocolate Milk, Chocolate Ice Cream scoops, and then add a hefty dose of Chocolate Syrup. Three flavors of chocolate warring with each other! It was glorious. And two shades of chocolate darker than their weak standard chocolate shake. 

But clueless staff and corporately controlled procedural edicts have snuffed out any possibility of getting such a thing nowadays (even though the chain still exists).

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 12:  Happy National Chocolate Milkshake Day.  What is your favorite flavor? Do you like mix-ins? (pieces of cookie or candy ground up in the shake?)

Straight up vanilla.  No sense messing with perfection.  

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Vanilla Shakes have their own day. I think it was June 20th. Oddly (?) Strawberry is not celebrated with its own day. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The important question to that is: Which side won?

If memory serves correctly, Green.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

And did you get to keep the Army Men?

Yes, they're on the desk in bags (wrapped in foil).

Have tooooo many minis at the house to add these to the mix at this point.

• Haha 10

9 hours ago, TripleH said:

Late reply, but....... I should know better than to take time off work.

Time to make yourself a crown and a suit of armor and walk around the office in it.  Maybe you'll get more time off work. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Haha 9

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Time to make yourself a crown and a suit of armor and walk around the office in it.  Maybe you'll get more time off work. 

In my current Dept. no one would bat an eye. Now after Oct 1, when changes to the Org. Chart go into effect and I change Departments (going from Quality Management to working for the Associate Director), that might work.

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 13:  Friday the 13th, lucky, unlucky, or superstitious nonsense? 

I'll let you know tonight after my Pathfinder game. <_<

It's also a Full Moon.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept. 13:  Friday the 13th, lucky, unlucky, or superstitious nonsense? 

I don't know. I get the feeling no matter what I answer I'll jinx myself.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Inarah said:

None of the above. It's Friday, and it's the 13th of the month, which rules out the closest: "superstitious nonsense". Now, the fear of Friday the 13th, that's superstitious nonsense.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Bad stuff happens a lot, we just pay more attention when it happens today!

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I used to be firmly in the nonsense column, but the last few have made me wonder. With it also being a full moon, today leaves me begging the crazy to go away, or at least bother someone else for a while. 

• Like 7

I don't really believe in many superstitions, but let me tell you the way things are going today has me wondering. It has been one of those days. 

Honestly though, today would be today regardless of the date. It just happens to be on a day when everyone is all, "Ooooooooooh..."

• Like 5