Inarah

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, NebulousMissy said:

I plan to avoid blowing a stitch because I've seen hernias, I never want one

Speaking from experience, this is a good goal. Never get hernias. The only good thing about it is that you can then listen to "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "Living with a Hernia" and truly appreciate the lyrics.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 2:   What do you plan to accomplish this month? 

Hobby-wise:

• Now that I've brought my last load of hobby stuff from the house (the other 98% is packed in the basement): get it organized
  • Finish the Battletech Griffin I've been painting.
  • Finish the Tabaxi Rogue fig I need for my new 5th Ed. character
  • Actually roll up my 5th Ed, Tabaxi Rogue character...
  • Get back to working on some Terran CAVs
  • print some more 28mm sci-fi vehicles

Not Hobby-wise:

• Go get registered for a New Brunswick health card
  • Get the wheels for my mountain bike fixed (someone knocked it off the bench it was stored on in my garage, broke spokes in both wheels :grr:)
  • make it to the last 4 days of racing at our track...preferably while avoiding anyone else throwing a vehicle at me
  • at least get planning and prep done to install the new transmission into my other car. Would be nice to get it installed....
  • Get the basement and garage (at home) tidied up some.
  • Since we listed the house today, selling it would be nice....

• Like 11

This month I shall be burying myself in organ music. I last played a church service in 2007 (and have only ever played 2 in total). This month, due to the unexpected departure of our organist, and the inability of his replacement to start until the end of September, I am playing three services in one month. Pray for me!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

The main accomplishment (omce the unpackening from RCon is over) is to finally het a handle on my hobby/gaming corner.  I have so much stuff everywhere that it is seriously impacting my desire to paint. So I need to go through orginise and store everything.  This will require building more shelves.  I also want to get my 3d printer set up. And research has begun on my RCon entries for next year.  The pirate theme may just motivate me to actually accomplish and idea that has been marinating in my fevered thoughts for 5+ years.

• Like 17

On 9/1/2019 at 11:35 PM, Inarah said:

Professionally, this is the final month of the typical growing season for my region. That means I have a bunch of site visits involving vegetation assessments that have to get done by the end of the month. And I have a sit down with my state's AG's office near the end of the month I need to get ready for. 

Personally, I plan on driving up to Buffalo around the middle of the month for a wedding. That should be fun. Then I'm also trying to find a contractor to replace the exterior doors in my house. 

In terms of hobbying I'm trying to finish up Ma'al by the end of the year and should be finishing her wings up in September. 

Whatever else happens, just happens I suppose. 

• Like 10

On 9/2/2019 at 4:35 AM, Inarah said:

This month I wanna kill every crazy customer so I'll have the time to 

PAINT. MORE. MINIS! 

Seriously, I have to paint the many minis I can cause I have to justify bone 5 to my wife. 

Yes definitely have to kill the customers ^_^

Edited by Cicciopiu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

This month I wanna kill every crazy customer so I'll have the time to 

PAINT. MORE. MINIS! 

Seriously, I have to paint the many minis I can cause I have to justify bone 5 to my wife. 

Yes definitely have to kill the customers ^_^

Before I retired my goal was to NOT kill my clients!

Just now, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 3:  What hobby skills have you taught to others? 

I have been fortunate in being around much better painters than I my entire gaming career, so my teaching has always centered around helping others on tactics.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I don't know if I actually thaught people stuff, I did give some pointers here and there Like how a green wash brings out your reds and such.

Maybe people following my WIPS might have picked something from that.

I know I learn stuff from other people's WIPs

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I've shown people everything from drybrushing to color theory to freehand to diorama composition... Whether I've successfully TAUGHT any of that, I'm not sure.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I still consider myself a beginner, so haven't really taught anyone anything. My friends that hobby have all been in the hobby business longer than I. Occasionally help Mrs. Gargs with something, but our hobbies don't really overlap much.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I have taught a few things to some of my close friends, mostly around building, converting and the use of putties and the like. 

I'm now sharing things with my kids.  My daughter (7) and I have been making foam terrain together and we've gone over the basics of mini painting again, this time with more focus on steps (base, shade, highlight concepts).  Both kids helped me build the bulk of my Bones IV order, minus the really big pieces and we went over the trimming, test-fitting, different glues for different materials...  

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I've taught my wife a few things from the minis side.  She's tole painted and just about every other crafty type thing, but things like shading and highlighting aren't really done in tole painting.  And pinning and putty use from miniatures assembly, which have a 1001 other uses.

• Like 10