Inarah

Getting to Know You -- Sept 2019

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 16:  Are you more productive in the morning, or in the evening?  Do you find it difficult to get used to a different schedule? 

I'm probably most productive anytime from the early afternoon to like...10 pm. I run out of spoons frequently though so it's not uncommon to be done for the day by 3 pm.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 16:  Are you more productive in the morning, or in the evening?  Do you find it difficult to get used to a different schedule? 

I am almost always most productive in the morning, but I am not good at getting myself moving to capitalize on that time.

When my time is unstructured, I tend to have trouble marshaling myself for the day much before 11am, even if I wake up way before that. When I am forced into a more structured schedule (as by a 9-5 job), this is much less of an issue.

I am well aware that this is not optimal.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

At work I am most productive of a morning simply because my workload is geared that way.  At home I'm more productive of an afternoon.  I can get things done of an evening, but generally prefer to relax.

I have worked swing, and didn't find it terribly difficult, but I much prefer my current job working straight days.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

I am very, very much a night person. I struggled for years trying to make mornings work but it just causes more stress on everyone involved.

After ReaperCon, I slept a ton for a couple days and just accepted the schedule that came naturally. I wake up late morning, get my chores and exercise done. I spend the afternoon learning and enjoy the evening with my husband. When he goes to bed, I have a couple more hours learning more art or making personal art.

I am just not made for mornings. The best sleep I ever had was when I worked nights! But I never saw my friends. :|

• Like 8

On 9/14/2019 at 9:51 AM, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 14-15:  How do you base your figures? Do you have different styles? Photos of examples are welcome. 

Flock, static grass, cork rocks, Green Stuff bases from Happy Seppuku stamps or Green Stuff World rollers, model railroading ballast, herbs and spices (leaves), tufts,

pumice paste,  and premade resin bases to name a few.

I don't use all that stuff together, but mix and match depending on what i want to accomplish.

Fantasy stuff gets woodland/plains/outdoorsy type bases generally.

Sci-Fi stuff might get techy style bases or outdoorsy, depending.

Homemade with a lot of the stuff mentioned above.

20180922_194850.thumb.jpg.e6aef0f0b43bf835e9695c996d543243.jpg

Resin base with tufts and static grass added.

20180922_195410.thumb.jpg.415882cf2620f4d552f774a04864c64a.jpg

Resin base

IMG_1710.thumb.JPG.a7789e7e6db4cb2a2c62f095a21fb5b4.JPG

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

I don't have any particular time where I'm more or less productive, at least not that I've noticed.

I can pick up a new schedule liking flipping a light switch.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'm probably most productive anytime from the early afternoon to like...10 pm. I run out of spoons frequently though so it's not uncommon to be done for the day by 3 pm.

I feel this so much. Some days I do really well, and on some others like this Saturday I ran out around 2 pm, and basically just slept on the couch and watched anime on my tablet the rest of the day/night. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Inarah said:

Depends on what. For work mornings, for hobby stuff afternoons. Evenings I try to do things but can't a lot of days because I don't have the energy.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Morihalda said:

I am just not made for mornings. The best sleep I ever had was when I worked nights! But I never saw my friends. :|

I got moved to and stuck in a 2nd shift (4 to midnite) job for awhile. Even though it was years ago, that was what began the process of killing my internal clock.

*** looks Sadly at crumpled clock parts ***

That was when it seemed like every friend I had disappeared and I learned to sleep while the sun was high in the sky. I have never been the same since. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Flock, static grass, cork rocks, Green Stuff bases from Happy Seppuku stamps or Green Stuff World rollers, model railroading ballast, herbs and spices (leaves), tufts,

pumice paste,  and premade resin bases to name a few.

I don't use all that stuff together, but mix and match depending on what i want to accomplish.

Fantasy stuff gets woodland/plains/outdoorsy type bases generally.

Sci-Fi stuff might get techy style bases or outdoorsy, depending.

Homemade with a lot of the stuff mentioned above.

20180922_194850.thumb.jpg.e6aef0f0b43bf835e9695c996d543243.jpg

Resin base with tufts and static grass added.

20180922_195410.thumb.jpg.415882cf2620f4d552f774a04864c64a.jpg

Resin base

IMG_1710.thumb.JPG.a7789e7e6db4cb2a2c62f095a21fb5b4.JPG

I don't have any particular time where I'm more or less productive, at least not that I've noticed.

I can pick up a new schedule liking flipping a light switch.

who makes that last mini?

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Inarah said:

I am pretty uniformly productive throughout the day IF I can get a good start in the morning.

Sorry for the long absence. I had a surprise visit to Emergency with an infected big toe. It proved to be a deep & sever Staph infection. The toe had to be amputated. 

I just got home late yesterday. I will try to catch up on the questions...or not.

• Sad 16

1 minute ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 17, brought to you by @Crowley:  What back to school shopping did you enjoy as a kid?  Now?

I never enjoyed back to school shopping as a kid.  Now, I don't have children so I don't even notice it as a thing.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Question for Sept 17, brought to you by @Crowley:  What back to school shopping did you enjoy as a kid?  Now?

Notebooks! They're so full of potential! 

Now? Graph paper notebooks! :lol::wub:

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 8

38 minutes ago, Inarah said:

As a kid? Hard to remember. But if my mom's stories are anything like accurate then it probably involved buying the strongest net that my folks could find in order to capture us wild children and drag us screaming back to school. She's been known to exaggerate though. 

Nowadays, as I don't have any little ones of my own, I don't much notice it. Although it is nice to find really cheap glue, scissors, drawing pencils and the like at the grocery stores this time of year.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Inarah said:

As a kid, crayons or colored pencils (especially if I got the big box).

My kid is out of school, but when he was still in school, nothing. Shopping for school supplies was just a painful chore, especially knowing that at least half the money we spent would go to wasted supplies.

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I got moved to and stuck in a 2nd shift (4 to midnite) job for awhile. Even though it was years ago, that was what began the process of killing my internal clock.

*** looks Sadly at crumpled clock parts ***

That was when it seemed like every friend I had disappeared and I learned to sleep while the sun was high in the sky. I have never been the same since. 

Swings are teh suck. It's almost impossible to socialize with anyone who isn't also on the pariah shift.

• Like 8