• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening gents and gentettes,

So finally got another one finished this afternoon. I was working on him for a while now and got done painting him two nights ago, let him cure, got his base attached last night, and then this afternoon on my lunch break (working from home for the foreseeable future) got his grass stuck on and photos taken.

So with this elf, I didn't want to just do him in either browns or greens, so went with yellows and oranges with some leathery colors instead.  I also did his bow thinking of more of an ivory bow, so off white. There were a few other things I could have done with him, but calling him done. This one is a classic Ral Partha Julie Guthrie figure from her range "All Things Dark and Dangerous", from back in the eighties.  Most of them you can still end up getting still from Iron Wind, so that is a plus. Anyways, here he is, hope you like him!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys,

It's been a while since I posted a mini, as I've been sick, been on a business trip, and just generally busy, but here is a figure I just completed last night, a Julie Guthrie figure from "All Things Dark and Dangerous" back in the eighties:

Upon retrospect I'm wondering if I should have given her eyebrows, don't know if without looks very unnatural?

In any case, here's the "original" set of figures, with the delightful ladies that came in the original blister pack:

Hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hi again, fine folks!

So just finished this one last night, last part of course the shield, which took me a while to figure out, but who doesn't need a good squirrel shield?  Anyhoos, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hi Guys,

another old classic from Julie Guthrie, part of a set she put out for Ral Partha in the eighties, Female Adventurers, which I imagine was their answer to the Grenadier boxed set that was also full of delightful adventuring ladies.

This figure is a little nostalgic, because she's actually lead, back from the eighties, not version cast later in Rallidium.

And as always, wasn't sure on a color for her clothing. I had the hair and skin pretty much figured out, but once I got to that point, it took a day or two to actually commit.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy, a great figure from the early sculpting days of Julie Guthrie!

• By Maledrakh
      #155:

The banshee or female ghost is the one I think worked the best.
      Here I only drybrushed very very lightly with the Dungeon Slime, just to accent the raised details Then I used old Citadel Turquoise Glaze from the top to the waist, easying up a bit the further down I went with the brush. After that I used Old Citadel Blue Ink on and around the head and shoulders.  I used Orange Ink on the face and exposed flesh bits in front and wicking most of it away after a short while so that just a hint was left. I did some further light drybrushing with dungeon slime then pure white at the ends of the wispy trails. The wood was done in opaques, whatever browns, bones and greys were on my palette at the time, and given a dark grey wash. Eye in Vallejo Magic blue and Reaper Copper Verdigris.

My schedule is increasingly packed these days, so painting time is getting scarce. These are even more speedpainted than usual, just minutes spent on each with some drying time in between.
      The Ghost Pirate subset that was added to the Bones 4 core set during the last day of the kickstarter campaign.

These are made in translucent green material.
      The key to painting translucents are first to undercoat with clear varnish. I used Vallejo matte varnish through my airbrush. The varnish lets the paint adhere to the plastic and avoids a lot of grief with paint beading or running away from where you want it to go. Then paint with predominantly translucent paint such as inks.

With these I tried a few different variations on how to paint them. First I gave them all a thin wash of Citadel Hexwraith Flame (the Nighthaunt green technical paint), making sure to wick up any pooling. This wash helped create some contrast, which in turn let me actually see some of the details.
      When dry, I used Vallejo Dark Grey Model Wash on the heads, exposed bone bits and other details on most of them. After this was dry, I went in with Reaper Dungeon Slime, a bright and pale green, with high density pigment. (Which really is not ideal for translucents, as this is a really opaque paint.) But I wanted to try this out. The results ...varied.
      I decided to quickly be done with them and covered the base in my autumn flock mix as usual.
      A little to quickly it seems, as there still is flock and static grass in unsightly places as seen in the photos. I will be removing said offending matter as soon as I can be bothered.

#155, the Ghost Pirate subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Made in Translucent Green Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones. Currently available in metal.
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)