Broomie

Mail order brushes

I've purchased Raphael, da Vinci, and Winsor & Newton Kolinsky sable brushes from Dick Blick online many times. Good service and no problems. I've heard of people who had a problem or two, but it was always resolved very quickly with no hassle.

I've heard good things about Jackson's Art Supplies in the UK as well (including their shipping to the US), but haven't tried them myself.

• Like 3

I've shopped with Jacksons a couple of times, and I've not had any issues. 

and of course, I've bought my Rosemary & Co brushes online. 

These companies knows how to package brushes properly. 

• Like 3

I’ve also ordered brushes from Dick Blick.  When I was teaching my toolkit class at GenCon, part of the class fee included a Da Vinci Maestro Series 10 or Raphael 8404, so I would order 12 to 15 brushes a year.  I had the occasional brush without a brush protector that would get deformed in shipping, but they always replaced the brush quickly,

Ron

• Like 2

I usually order from a German Webshop Battlefield Berlin or a Dutch one Scenery Workshops.

Never had a problem, most of the time it's W&N Series 7 in different sizes and sometimes a Raphael.

• Like 2

I like the Reaper Master Series Sables. I have ordered and used many of them over the  years with no issues, though I understand some people were having issues a few years back. I have also ordered Rosemary & Co and W&N S7 and S7M with no issues through online retailers. 

• Like 2

Jackson's will have an occasional brush sale, and has a lower free shipping threshold for brush-only orders.

I'll also order "One Happy Choice" :P cheap synthetic brushes from Amazon for advanced tabletop and lazy abusive painting. :D

• Like 1

All my good kolinski brushes have been bought online, and over the years I've bought from both Dick Blick and Rosemary & Co.  There have bee 3 total orders, but only the two from Blick arrived successfully.  The order that I made with Rosemary was stopped by customs and returned.  This was during the big hullabaloo over kolinski hair a few years ago.

I'm not saying anything negative regarding Rosemary & co, only saying that if your online purchase requires crossing international borders or customs declarations, problems can happen. 

• Like 2

I've ordered twice from Rosemary & Co in the last year and both time arrived without a hitch so hopefully all that silliness is done with.  

• Like 1

I ordered five Da Vinci brushes from Blick last year. All arrived safely with no problems.

• Like 1

I have not ordered brushes from Blick, but I can say they are awesome when it comes to ordering art supplies. Any time there was an issue, they corrected it quickly and with respect. I even got two sets of polychromos pencil sets (I only ordered one), and they let me keep the extra set, no charge. That was great. I would make sure you have a 35 or more order, as shipping is free at that point.

• Like 1

I once purchased a brush from Blick that was shipped without a brush protector and was seriously messed up. They sent me another without any complaint. And it, too, had no brush protector and was seriously messed up. I suspect the manufacturer sent them without brush protectors. Once again they sent another without complaint, and the third was fine. This was some years ago, but I have had no reason to believe they've changed their customer service practices. I also had an item missing from a shipment (which is harder to prove than damage with photos!), and they sent a replacement. 

I've also ordered from Jerry's and Cheap Joe's. I have had no problems with those orders, but then again I also had no problems with those orders so I can't testify as to how they handle problem orders as well. 

(I enjoy a variety of traditional art media as well as mini painting. It's possible I've ordered too much from all of these companies...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Wren said:

Once again they sent another without complaint, and the third was fine.

"...but the forth one stayed up; and that's what you gonna get: The strongest castle brush in these islands!"

All of the brushes I have ordered online have come delivered in perfect condition, but I have only good things about Dick Blick's customer service should something go awry.

For what it is worth I have used both Secret Weapon and Amazon as well for brushes in the past with no issues.

• Like 1

lol, after the second one I was kind of feeling like Blick should just slap a protector on the things themselves to save the trouble. 

• Like 3