Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Siri Starts Digital Sculpting

Well, more accurately, I start trying to digitally sculpt Minis.

See, i've actually sculpted in Zbrush before. I used to do skins for a PC game about sharks vs divers, and i've done some custom models that are actually in the game now. So I have the basics down, it's just trying to adapt that to actual miniatures, posing rather than T-pose, and making them right for printing

I'll basically use this thread as my practice WIP for the various things i try to sculpt as i learn all this. If you have tips for digital sculpting i'd be delighted to hear them as well

for now, here are the models I made for the PC game

19990338_10210140979668749_3001135567477795367_n.jpg

MarlinColor1.jpg

MarlinSculpt.jpg

Orca1.png

Orca2.png

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 19

45 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Those are awesome!! You're going to do great! :wub:

Thanks!

i have to relearn Zbrush though, it's been something like 2 years since i last worked in it and i forgot a lot

• Like 1

Wow, I never realized you were already into Z-Brush!

What strikes me the most is how weird the orca looks without it's teeth and coloration. (OK, it shouldn't, we all know painted minis looks better than unpainted ones, even digital ones)

42 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

Wow, I never realized you were already into Z-Brush!

What strikes me the most is how weird the orca looks without it's teeth and coloration. (OK, it shouldn't, we all know painted minis looks better than unpainted ones, even digital ones)

Orca have surprisingly tiny heads. I learned that while sculpting it. Had to keep shrinking the head

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

Orca have surprisingly tiny heads. I learned that while sculpting it. Had to keep shrinking the head

Without its dorsal fin, I would almost mistake it for a beluga (or hornless narwhal).

• Like 1