Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Welcome to the Splintered Light Miniatures 15mm Return to the Black Root Forest Kickstarter Campaign. For many years, renowned sculptor Ben Siens has added great sculpts to our line of fantasy figures. A year ago, we ran a successful campaign adding beastmen and treemen into our range of miniatures. Over the past year, Siens has sculpted more wonderful figures for us and we decided to offer them to you via a second Kickstarter.
Our primary goal for this campaign is getting the funds needed for the production molds and initial castings. Our hope is that as we get the funding for production molds, we can also keep Ben sculpting new figures for future lines. We need you help to get this done so please pledge today!
Our plan is to have 11 new codes but we will also be offering these along with the entire range of Ben Siens sculpted figures.
There's only 4 days left in the campaign, so if you want some well-made 15mm goodness...
So as hinted in my US Armored Company thread, here's the beginning of @Glitterwolf's Dragoons!
Some work on the Dutch tonight, PTRLs and C&Vs Had a problem with the wash I put on them last night, so had to re do the base coat. Tried a different wash, seen on one of the C&Vs, so need to try something else... Thanks for looking! SGT G link to my US force
By Dilvish the Deliverer
So I've been printing the Fat Dragon Games dungeon tile that I received back durimg one of the Bones KSs. Finally got to paimting them all.
Figured that I should start a topic to record what I end up doimg with them. Here is the second batch that I painted drying. I primed them with my air brush and black Stylnrez, followed by succesibe layers of medium and light gray craft paints. I used a 1 inch trim brush for tje drybrushing.
So these are the two terrain pieces I finished up last night. The core of both these models are from Terrain4Print's Ulvheim modular terrain system and printed in PLA at 0.2mm on my Prusa.
This was a quick "gazebo" made exclusively of pieces I printed:
This is a hybrid piece. The foundation and walls are still Ulvheim pieces, epoxied together, and Magic Sculpt used to blend the seams between the pieces on the outside. The roof was made by me using card board and card stock, while the strips for the upper floor are just plastic card.
The reason I went with the handcrafted roof is because while the T2P roofs are nice, the number of pieces available limit the roof options. By hand building my roofs, I can get as complex as I want.
I'm really enjoying this hybrid approach of 3d printing and hand crafting.
My next building is a larger church.
So I painted this one for a friend to use as his goliath fighter in our dnd campaign.
It was a quick and easy paint, since he asked me to keep it simple. I like how it turned out considering the printing quallity
Also, the blade of his original sword broke of, so I replaced it with a warhammer empire greatsword blade
Who's Online 3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)