72moonglum

Deep Gnome Heroes 44047

1 minute ago, Original_Carl said:

Those look really good! Nice work on the skin tones. The weapons look great!

Thanks Original Carl!   I sometimes struggle with NMM metal, so I'm glad you like them! The skin color is what I imagine deep gnomes would have, grey skin, deep colors of clothing and white hair!

• Like 2

Wow!  These look great!  They look exactly like I’d imagine them.  The skin and hair are perfect.

I have a few deep gnomes I need to paint for an underdark campaign I’m DMing.  Mine won’t look anywhere near this good, but I’m going going to use yours as a reference.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

51FxJ3TRY1L._SY450_.jpg

Thank you Mr. Burns!  

14 hours ago, rubegon said:

Wow!  These look great!  They look exactly like I’d imagine them.  The skin and hair are perfect.

I have a few deep gnomes I need to paint for an underdark campaign I’m DMing.  Mine won’t look anywhere near this good, but I’m going going to use yours as a reference.

Thanks Rubegon!   I can't remember whether their skin started out with cloudy or stormy grey and I worked up and down from there. Not normally a problem, but I do want to pain the other three deep gnomes so hopefully I'll figure it out or the two groups might look kind of different!

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Thanks Rubegon!   I can't remember whether their skin started out with cloudy or stormy grey and I worked up and down from there. Not normally a problem, but I do want to pain the other three deep gnomes so hopefully I'll figure it out or the two groups might look kind of different!

If you do figure it out, please reply back if you have a chance.  Do you remember what you used on the hair?

• Like 2

I started out with leather white, then I think ghost white, then misty grey, then probably the dark elf skin triad. Then as the highlight color I used pure white.

• Thanks 1

These are great looking jobs!!  Whatever "errors" you think you see are in your own head because honestly I can't see anything I would change!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stormbreach said:

These are great looking jobs!!  Whatever "errors" you think you see are in your own head because honestly I can't see anything I would change!

It’s the brutality of the closeup photo that kills me. If you look under the female gnomes’ left eye (from her point of view, where the hair flops over her face, I thought I saw that maybe I overpainted the pupil and it extender over the bottom of her eye, but when I get closer up to it through the miracles of modern digital photography, it looks more like an odd shadow.  

Now that I see it in the photo, I should have done the male’s chain link brighter, even though I highlighted it up to white, so I don’t know if it’s the lighting or the actual miniature.

and the worst one, which I’m too lazy to fix I think is the lantern had some kind of links that I should have separated by dark lining, probably black, but at least dark elf shadow.

Those are the three worst ones I see immediately.

1 minute ago, Highlander said:

But they don't come across as "dark".  "Somber" maybe.

Then maybe we’d call it somber colors for some somber gnomes!

• Like 1