Corporea

And Now for Something Completely Different!

I love this!!! Coco is one of my favorite movies, but there's so much that I relate to that I've only been able to watch it once. I'm so excited to see one as a mini!! :wub:

• Like 7

This looks like so much fun! What a great mini, too. Hurts that it's so much prep.

Big Top Red! Marigold Yellow! Some of my favorites colors from Reaper's catalog. I'm going to have to try that Seoni Scarlet, I kinda love it here.

I was surprised to see you shade the edges of the eye after the basecoat; usually with eyes I work from the edges in so I can be a teensy bit less precise. Is this how you always work, or just because this one is chibi?

• Like 5

Thanks guys!

Sanael- this mini's eyes are huuuge, so I have a lot of space to work with.  With busts, where they're a bit smaller, I'll sometimes work out to in. it's generally a lot of pushing and pulling back and forth until I have the shading where I want. 

GrnLantern- yeah, I find it makes more sense to folks if I do a step by step.  I often forget to take enough in progress pics, though.

Nos4ah2- One thing that helps with patterns and brush control is to start with a darker color and then reclaim some of the space with your lighter color.  It is hard to draw a thin straight line, but much easier to clean up a line by placing another color close to it.  Hmmn, I have a mid-stage of my giantess cloak:

exfreehand.jpg.e28ecf818aef94a32bd6ce0806da68b6.jpg

The pattern was a bunch of circle with criss-crossing lines connecting it. You can see where I've drawn it in in the dark color, then come back with my light color in the middle.  I also spend a lot of time cleaning up the edges with the yellow. you can see touch up areas above the pattern and inside the circles. The more you simplify the pattern, the easier it becomes. Don't be afraid to clean it with the back ground color.  No pattern is placed perfectly the first time.  Well, maybe if you're DKS... :lol: l often draw things out on paper to make sure I have them right as well.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      What is evil, yet cute? a KICKSTARTER that's what.

Since SoC's delivery is in full throttle, it's time to announce the SIBLINGS OF CHAOS. Coming from the dark places of the galaxy, and serving Gods of terrible designs, they march for the total ruination of everything!     from the same team that brought us Siblings of Conflict, Impact! Miniatures and Marchen return with more goodies for us (after delivery of the Siblings is complete
    • By Mckenna35
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-siblings-of-conflict-miniatures?ref=friends_launched

About
      The siblings  of conflict are here!
      Attack! this interstellar army of hardboiled girls are ready to conquer your tabletop! Assemble unique squads with powerful weapons, led by brave leaders. They're cute, they're rowdy, they are the siblings of conflict!
      STRETCH GOALS
      We're planning amazing, unique hero characters, and more! Surprises await! New Stretch Goals will appear as the campaign advances!
      Chibi miniatures!
      Chibis are adorable characters that have lately have made a splash in the boardgaming and miniature community with games such as Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Quest, Ninja All-Stars and many others. They're also featured in collectible figurines and in other geeky paraphernalia.
      This is the NINTH Chibi KickStarter run by Impact! Miniatures and Impact! is partnering with  Märchen to bring you some incredible, new Siblings of Conflict chibi miniatures along with sci-fi allies & enemies for them to combat!
      The funding goal will pay for the sculpting & 3-D printing of the miniatures.
       The Miniatures    
      ALL miniatures in this KickStarter are provided unpainted. Unless otherwise stated after the name of the miniature, all miniatures offered with this KickStarter will be high quality 3-D prints done on a top end 25 to 50 micron printer (you should not see print lines after priming and paint).   As stretch goals are reached we will unlock additional sculpts.  The miniatures will require light clean up, being primed before painted and might need some assembly (although we will do our best to keep the figures with as few pieces as possible).  
      You can use your reward dollars to get any of the miniatures in the listing above.
      Miniature Quality
      While many of the miniatures in this KickStarter will be 3-D printed, the quality will be a very high level since they are 25 to 50 micron 3-D SLA prints which are very different than ABS prints.   Below is an extreme close -up example of a printed figure and how it shows no print lines when primed and painted (with no other prep work).    Many thanks to Yeji Kim for her painting of Vanguard Leader Anna (top row) and Jason Turner for the painting of Vanguard Leader Anna and Vanguard Trooper #3 (bottom row)!
      Shipping   
      Shipping will be charged in the pledge manager after the project.  At this time we are estimating $5 for US backers, $13 for Canada and $17 for Rest of World. Shipping of the KickStarter will be EU Friendly and should not incur any customs fees.  

• By Marineal
      Presenting my Lisa Frank velociraptor!
      I love him! He just screamed at me to be fun colors! And I have to brag n the green stuff world mushrooms,they're pretty fantastic.
      He's my painters entry for reapercon; I'm motoring on with all my other entries. I'm interested in what you think, so c&c away!

• By HiveFleetCerberus
      Drawing inspiration from an old blog post I read somewhere, two of my friends and I bought the Bones 4 core set and Dreadmere, setting up a draft and taking turns picking our favorite models. Here are the four Small World Heroes that I ended up with:
      Galladon:

Sophie:

Almaran:

Lysette:

All together:

• By lazarp
      So I'm still experimenting with glow effects, but I'm pretty happy with this one 
      Painted her to be used as a sorcerer in my 9th age army

• Who's Online   23 Members, 2 Anonymous, 119 Guests (See full list)