And Now for Something Completely Different!

Corporea

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like so much fun! What a great mini, too. Hurts that it's so much prep.

Big Top Red! Marigold Yellow! Some of my favorites colors from Reaper's catalog. I'm going to have to try that Seoni Scarlet, I kinda love it here.

I was surprised to see you shade the edges of the eye after the basecoat; usually with eyes I work from the edges in so I can be a teensy bit less precise. Is this how you always work, or just because this one is chibi?

• Like 5

Thanks guys!

Sanael- this mini's eyes are huuuge, so I have a lot of space to work with.  With busts, where they're a bit smaller, I'll sometimes work out to in. it's generally a lot of pushing and pulling back and forth until I have the shading where I want. 

GrnLantern- yeah, I find it makes more sense to folks if I do a step by step.  I often forget to take enough in progress pics, though.

Nos4ah2- One thing that helps with patterns and brush control is to start with a darker color and then reclaim some of the space with your lighter color.  It is hard to draw a thin straight line, but much easier to clean up a line by placing another color close to it.  Hmmn, I have a mid-stage of my giantess cloak:

exfreehand.jpg.e28ecf818aef94a32bd6ce0806da68b6.jpg

The pattern was a bunch of circle with criss-crossing lines connecting it. You can see where I've drawn it in in the dark color, then come back with my light color in the middle.  I also spend a lot of time cleaning up the edges with the yellow. you can see touch up areas above the pattern and inside the circles. The more you simplify the pattern, the easier it becomes. Don't be afraid to clean it with the back ground color.  No pattern is placed perfectly the first time.  Well, maybe if you're DKS... :lol: l often draw things out on paper to make sure I have them right as well.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2