Corporea

And Now for Something Completely Different!

Ok, this is an awesome idea and your execution is gorgeous as usual.

.....and bonus points for watching Coco numerous times for inspiration. That and the Book of Life are the only little kid movies that I haven’t gotten sick of watching numerous times (and there soundtracks are pretty nice as well). 

• Like 3

I took a "short" break but I'm back!

alion40.jpg.4e7b04c7fe7fdc32a87d47ec71f46ae1.jpg

The model I'm using for reference has this fun sun-like spiral on the shoulder.  I'm going to try to do something similar.  I started by putting down a thick line of the red shadow, then coming back with the marigold yellow in the middle. It means I draw 2 lines, instead of three. I find it easier.

alion42.jpg.d176b6e49108264d1c922a35a4fe87e2.jpg

This may be harder to see, but what I've done is take a damp brush and draw with water a faint line in the spiral I think I want.  It leaves no trace on the mini if I change my mind, but gives me a guide to follow or at least more confidence to put down my spiral. Just be careful when putting paint over it that it isn't too wet or the paint can run away on you.

alion43.jpg.3a06158917c367825936f5d4e3dc567b.jpg

There we go. Spiral!

alion44.jpg.aeb2003b85e10abfcd56668a945cec22.jpg

alion45.jpg.f049d8aaa7f1d9d09cc94af83ac9eb85.jpg

Now I want to make it more sun-like.

alion46.jpg.78be9a4cf09ea3c3cde47472eac832f4.jpg

In this case I did the yellow rays first, then outlined them.  One may be easier for you than the other. Play around with shapes and lines and see what works best.  

...and I got carried away and painted without taking a break.  sigh.

alion47.jpg.ae1e52e9897cd3b4a02dbfb9b185327c.jpg

alion48.jpg.152920bc6bf6217bd9207e1e3af4f237.jpg

His eyebrows are sculpted different widths.  I'm hoping it won't look too awkward.

Anyway, more soon!  I'm enjoying watching the kickstarter.  Must stop following the ticker and get back to painting!

• Like 17

Beautiful work, and I especially like the freehand stuff! Also, Castlevania is a perfectly legitimate excuse to put other activities off for a bit, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise! :lol:

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The second of the superdeformed Chibi hero minis from the Bones 4 core set that I have painted, here comes Arnise the Elf Barbarian.
      Kissed by fire.

I have no idea if she actually is meant to be a barbarian or not.

Getting that much skin smooth is not an easy task, especially not by drybrushing. ...oh damn I forgot the freckles!

Same height, different scale.

B4Core#118 Arnise
      from the Small World Heroes subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene Van Horne (I think!)
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      25mm integral, sculpted base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
    • By odinsgrandson
      I got the chance to paint up some miniatures for a project to bring the Modest Medusa webcomic into the minaitures world.
      These were all sculpted by Brian Phelps, and I think every one of them sculpts is super cute.  I'm going to get to do some more of them for backers, since the project is pretty nicely overfunded.
      Anyway, here are all of the very cute Medusa minis I painted for them.

• By Maledrakh
      A bit of a departure for me today. Chibi, a style formerly known as Superdeformed before Anime became popular in the western hemisphere.

I am not particularily fond of Chibi; that superdeformed cutesy manga look that has insidiously permeated the pop culture of today. Sigh. What is the world coming to?

Now they also have infiltrated my beloved Bones...

During the Bones 4 kickstarter campaign, they offered chibi versions of some of their existing minis as free additions to the core set as social stretch goals, adding them one by one as their target numbers for facebooks shares, retweets, tagging pictures or other interactions on social medias were met.

The full six chibi miniatures did end up In the Bones 4 core set. As I am sworn to do the entire Bones 4 core set, I am honour bound to paint them all eventually...gah!

So...I painted the chibi Sophie for starters.

Sophie the succubus is the Reaper Mascot of more than 20 years, and versions of her have beed used for promotions and to mark special occasions since way back when. She has had figures in every Bones kickstarter. In Bones 4 she had this chibi and also a normally scaled mini.
      I went for the classic red devil look, with the opaque but shiny black eyes that I find most fitting for devils and their ilk.

Is it cheating to do the eyes in gloss black?

ARRGH! A giant-headed devil woman! She must be put to the sword!

B4Core#120 Sophie
      from the Small World Heroes subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene Van Horne (I stand corrected by Mr Bob Ridolfi, Sculptor Extraordinaire himself :) Thank you, Bob!)
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      25mm integral, sculpted base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      What is evil, yet cute? a KICKSTARTER that's what.

Since SoC's delivery is in full throttle, it's time to announce the SIBLINGS OF CHAOS. Coming from the dark places of the galaxy, and serving Gods of terrible designs, they march for the total ruination of everything!     from the same team that brought us Siblings of Conflict, Impact! Miniatures and Marchen return with more goodies for us (after delivery of the Siblings is complete
    • By Mckenna35
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-siblings-of-conflict-miniatures?ref=friends_launched

About
      The siblings  of conflict are here!
      Attack! this interstellar army of hardboiled girls are ready to conquer your tabletop! Assemble unique squads with powerful weapons, led by brave leaders. They're cute, they're rowdy, they are the siblings of conflict!
      STRETCH GOALS
      We're planning amazing, unique hero characters, and more! Surprises await! New Stretch Goals will appear as the campaign advances!
      Chibi miniatures!
      Chibis are adorable characters that have lately have made a splash in the boardgaming and miniature community with games such as Super Dungeon Explore, Arcadia Quest, Ninja All-Stars and many others. They're also featured in collectible figurines and in other geeky paraphernalia.
      This is the NINTH Chibi KickStarter run by Impact! Miniatures and Impact! is partnering with  Märchen to bring you some incredible, new Siblings of Conflict chibi miniatures along with sci-fi allies & enemies for them to combat!
      The funding goal will pay for the sculpting & 3-D printing of the miniatures.
       The Miniatures    
      ALL miniatures in this KickStarter are provided unpainted. Unless otherwise stated after the name of the miniature, all miniatures offered with this KickStarter will be high quality 3-D prints done on a top end 25 to 50 micron printer (you should not see print lines after priming and paint).   As stretch goals are reached we will unlock additional sculpts.  The miniatures will require light clean up, being primed before painted and might need some assembly (although we will do our best to keep the figures with as few pieces as possible).  
      You can use your reward dollars to get any of the miniatures in the listing above.
      Miniature Quality
      While many of the miniatures in this KickStarter will be 3-D printed, the quality will be a very high level since they are 25 to 50 micron 3-D SLA prints which are very different than ABS prints.   Below is an extreme close -up example of a printed figure and how it shows no print lines when primed and painted (with no other prep work).    Many thanks to Yeji Kim for her painting of Vanguard Leader Anna (top row) and Jason Turner for the painting of Vanguard Leader Anna and Vanguard Trooper #3 (bottom row)!
      Shipping   
      Shipping will be charged in the pledge manager after the project.  At this time we are estimating $5 for US backers, $13 for Canada and $17 for Rest of World. Shipping of the KickStarter will be EU Friendly and should not incur any customs fees.  

• Who's Online   9 Members, 3 Anonymous, 271 Guests (See full list)