Sign in to follow this  
Corporea

And Now for Something Completely Different!

Ok, this is an awesome idea and your execution is gorgeous as usual.

.....and bonus points for watching Coco numerous times for inspiration. That and the Book of Life are the only little kid movies that I haven’t gotten sick of watching numerous times (and there soundtracks are pretty nice as well). 

• Like 3

I took a "short" break but I'm back!

alion40.jpg.4e7b04c7fe7fdc32a87d47ec71f46ae1.jpg

The model I'm using for reference has this fun sun-like spiral on the shoulder.  I'm going to try to do something similar.  I started by putting down a thick line of the red shadow, then coming back with the marigold yellow in the middle. It means I draw 2 lines, instead of three. I find it easier.

alion42.jpg.d176b6e49108264d1c922a35a4fe87e2.jpg

This may be harder to see, but what I've done is take a damp brush and draw with water a faint line in the spiral I think I want.  It leaves no trace on the mini if I change my mind, but gives me a guide to follow or at least more confidence to put down my spiral. Just be careful when putting paint over it that it isn't too wet or the paint can run away on you.

alion43.jpg.3a06158917c367825936f5d4e3dc567b.jpg

There we go. Spiral!

alion44.jpg.aeb2003b85e10abfcd56668a945cec22.jpg

alion45.jpg.f049d8aaa7f1d9d09cc94af83ac9eb85.jpg

Now I want to make it more sun-like.

alion46.jpg.78be9a4cf09ea3c3cde47472eac832f4.jpg

In this case I did the yellow rays first, then outlined them.  One may be easier for you than the other. Play around with shapes and lines and see what works best.  

...and I got carried away and painted without taking a break.  sigh.

alion47.jpg.ae1e52e9897cd3b4a02dbfb9b185327c.jpg

alion48.jpg.152920bc6bf6217bd9207e1e3af4f237.jpg

His eyebrows are sculpted different widths.  I'm hoping it won't look too awkward.

Anyway, more soon!  I'm enjoying watching the kickstarter.  Must stop following the ticker and get back to painting!

• Like 17

Beautiful work, and I especially like the freehand stuff! Also, Castlevania is a perfectly legitimate excuse to put other activities off for a bit, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise! :lol:

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      Live:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-united/description

Blowing through stretch goals as you would expect

Story
      It’s time to become the Heroes you were always meant to be! Designed by Eric M. Lang and Andrea Chiarvesio, Marvel United is a fast-paced cooperative game where players take control of Marvel Super Heroes and band together to thwart the master plans of the most dangerous Villains in the universe. With an all-new visual take by Edouard Guiton, brought to life in fantastic sculpts, Marvel United will challenge you and your friends. Only by standing united will you have any chance of victory!  
       PLAY      
    • By Nightwing
      Here is the start of pathfinder red, which I’ll be doing as a Sapphire dragon, similar to what i did with the Grenadier Red Dragon II (which I did as  a Ruby dragon) a while ago.

Just base colors here; dark blue/black wash over his entire body, earth wash over the sand, and white statue. I really like how the blue and brown look together. The brown will be lightened up to sand, and the blue will end up a more saturated dark blue. I hope those colors will still look good together...

• By Citrine
      This was the last mini I finished painting in 2019, I finished it around 10 pm on New Years Eve.  This is also my first Chibi, I painted her very close to the box art, but I didnt quite get the right shade of light blue, and her hair is more golden rather than pink in the art.  Still happy with her.

• By Maledrakh
      I must admit that from all the Bones 4 core set minis, the Chibis were the ones voted "most likely to stay in their bags" when the KS shipment arrived, as superderformed/ chibi models like these are not really my cup of tea. They are way out of my comfort zone to paint, with all that skin, hair and large surfaces needing somewhat smooth transitions that I am not really any good at. But they have grown on me somewhat, especially since I decided to do them even more cartoony in style than I usually do. Themselves being very cartoony and all.
      They do look much smoother IRL when not magnified as in the photos.

#122 Lysette:

from the Smallworld Heroes Chibi subset in the Bones 4 Core set:

#122 Lysette
      from the Small World Heroes subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene Van Horne (?)
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      25mm integral, sculpted base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future

• By Maledrakh
      I must admit that from all the Bones 4 core set minis, the Chibis were the ones voted "most likely to stay in their bags" when the KS shipment arrived, as superderformed/ chibi models like these are not really my cup of tea. They are way out of my comfort zone to paint, with all that skin, hair and large surfaces needing somewhat smooth transitions that I am not really any good at. But they have grown on me somewhat, especially since I decided to do them even more cartoony in style than I usually do. Themselves being very cartoony and all.
      They do look much smoother IRL when not magnified as in the photos.

#121 Galladon:

from the Smallworld Heroes Chibi subset in the Bones 4 Core set:

#121 Galladon
      from the Small World Heroes subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene Van Horne (?)
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      25mm integral, sculpted base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)