LarsM

Rescue Mission Diorama

Hi, Im working on a diorama with these guys. A girl is going to stand in a cage, captured by the troll, and the two heroes is fighting the troll. A quite simple plot! 

The troll is Reapers Norr'Okk Ettin bones version. The others are old Ral Parthas, the two heroes are modified. Troll is finished.

Im sculpting the rock wall at the moment, but Im in doubt if it looks too artificial? Any oppinions is apreciated. It is not completely finished.. But close.. 

IMG_20190728_175249.jpg

IMG_20190902_221243.jpg

IMG_20190911_131402.jpg

IMG_20190911_131317.jpg

• Like 15

Great painting.

The wall looks great, but my only thought is about the scale of the rocks.  If they are as big as I think, they would be hard to move by humans, but you can say this is Trollish or Giantish construction.  They could build a wall with boulders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, the point is its supposed to look like a natural rock face.. Not build by someone. I think I will try to blend the Blocks more together for a more natural look.

• Like 2

Put the rocks aside, and made some progress on the archer.. He will be standing in front of the troll, and the sword-fighter will be Jumping down from a tree or some rocks, towards the screaming head of the troll (his left head).. Full on attack! 

Any c&c is welcome.. Happy painting! 

IMG_20190917_213834.jpg

IMG_20190917_213839.jpg

• Like 9

More work on the archer. I was'nt happy with his green cloak, so repainted it. Put some purple in shadows, and less yellow in highlight, and I think Im more happy with it now.. 

Some one in here once said; "if in doubt, use purple for shadows". .. Wise words I think! I like the feel of it, and for some reason I think purple is an easy color to glaze with. 

C&c welcome.. Happy painting! 

Screenshot_20190918-220531.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-220514.jpg

• Like 10

Cyclopean Masonry of Sardinia

450px-Mycenae_walls_interior.JPG

The walls you have made, look a lot like what the prehistoric folk of Sardinia built. (Prior to Greek or Roman contact.)

Big boulders. No mortar. = Cyclopean. 

Kungagraven_kivik.jpg

Is the archway modeled to look as if it is in the process of collapsing? I see stones about to fall...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Cyclopean Masonry of Sardinia

450px-Mycenae_walls_interior.JPG

The walls you have made, look a lot like what the prehistoric folk of Sardinia built. (Prior to Greek or Roman contact.)

Big boulders. No mortar. = Cyclopean. 

Kungagraven_kivik.jpg

Is the archway modeled to look as if it is in the process of collapsing? I see stones about to fall...

This is actually really cool. I havent really decided what I want to do with the rocks. My attempt was to make a natural rock face with a cave entrace.. 

• Like 4