Sign in to follow this  
LarsM

Rescue Mission Diorama

Here is where Im at.. Soon Im gonna glue the troll in place and blend his 'feet' into the ground. 

I also found this gnome magician, that I could maybe put on top on the left rock wall.. 

As always C&c and ideas is more than welcome. 

Happy painting. 

IMG_20191208_090645.jpg

IMG_20191208_090749.jpg

• Like 9

I think I will cancel the little mage again, I did'nt like the look with him standing in the left corner. 

I have added a spiders and to assemble (but not glue) the Minis in place.. 

IMG_20191210_213827.jpg

IMG_20191209_193512.jpg

• Like 9

Lovely offerings. The spider is a great hidden detail. You could add another tree in the far left corner instead of a miniature. Make it a birch tree for variety or maybe a hazel bush or something and add a little bird in its branches. 

• Like 3

Ok so I have never done a diorama so please take my suggestion with a grain of salt. Overall, I am very impressed with what you have done. I do however, think of myself as tactically minded and wanted to share my thoughts from that perspective.

The distance from the hero in the tree does not seem realistic as mentioned before. Why would the melee hero be up there to begin with? I would think having them behind the Ettin, jumping down from the rocks above the cave entrance would be more believable to the visual story (surprise you 2 headed abomination!). The person in the tree should be a ranged hero (spell user or bow wielder) who climbed up there to help pull the Ettin out for the barbarian’s sneak attack from above. Someone that can get a few shots off before that club smashes it into kindling to reach them. I agree that someone being up there sells the sight line of the big baddies two heads.

Whatever you decide on, the scene you have set is just fantastic. I am liking the hidden spider, you should think of adding another little hidden gem like that to reward people who stop and really look at this wonderful piece. I personally enjoy it when I stop and take a moment to really look at pieces like this and am rewarded with seeing a couple things that the casual observer misses.

Well done! I hope to do something like this someday, but for now I’m happy you are posting this so we can all enjoy your great work :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

Lovely offerings. The spider is a great hidden detail. You could add another tree in the far left corner instead of a miniature. Make it a birch tree for variety or maybe a hazel bush or something and add a little bird in its branches. 

I like the idea with Bush.. Will look into that! Thanks. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crissair said:

Ok so I have never done a diorama so please take my suggestion with a grain of salt. Overall, I am very impressed with what you have done. I do however, think of myself as tactically minded and wanted to share my thoughts from that perspective.

The distance from the hero in the tree does not seem realistic as mentioned before. Why would the melee hero be up there to begin with? I would think having them behind the Ettin, jumping down from the rocks above the cave entrance would be more believable to the visual story (surprise you 2 headed abomination!). The person in the tree should be a ranged hero (spell user or bow wielder) who climbed up there to help pull the Ettin out for the barbarian’s sneak attack from above. Someone that can get a few shots off before that club smashes it into kindling to reach them. I agree that someone being up there sells the sight line of the big baddies two heads.

Whatever you decide on, the scene you have set is just fantastic. I am liking the hidden spider, you should think of adding another little hidden gem like that to reward people who stop and really look at this wonderful piece. I personally enjoy it when I stop and take a moment to really look at pieces like this and am rewarded with seeing a couple things that the casual observer misses.

Well done! I hope to do something like this someday, but for now I’m happy you are posting this so we can all enjoy your great work :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it is always nice to hear. 

I think your are right about your tactical thoughts, but I like the scene to have a out-of-control-fight feeling .. And the barbarian in a full-on-attack-mode. Theese two guys are not the most thoughtfull of people.. They are (crazy) mercenaries and bounty hunters. ::D:

(and it is too late to change much! ). 

• Like 2

Sloooouuw progress.

Added more plants, ferns and thorny bushes. A bush in the top left corner, as suggested, thanks! 

A face(-ish) in one of the puddles.

The big tree needs to be "build" in, that means roots and moss, and then the miniatures. The archer also needs to be "build/blended" into the terrain. The captured girl and the jumping barbarian should be easy.. 

IMG_20191219_201525.jpg

Screenshot_20191219-205226.jpg

• Like 8

14 hours ago, malefactus said:

You are creating an inspiration. Take your time; re, inspiring creations don't happen everyday.

Hearing theese words from you, @malefactus, is a huge compliment..! I will take my time to finish it. Dioramas should never be rushed. 

• Like 2

Added a tiny lizard. Its from MIG's jungle laves set, but made of some kind of paper, so I 'painted' it with acrylic putty to give it some shape. It is about 3mm long, so very tiny. 

I also build in the archer and the girl is hanging in her cage..

I think these will be the last pictures before its complete. 

Screenshot_20191222-125712.jpg

Screenshot_20191222-125852.jpg

• Like 9