starwarsgeek

Storing Bones (and Bones black) in the garage?

Is it safe to store unpainted / still packaged Bones and Bones Black figures in my garage? I'm running out of room here in my workshop so I need to move some of these boxes elsewhere and the only place with room I have right now is the garage. Sadly, my garage isn't insulated too well so it's hot in the summer (right now) and cold (really cold) in the winter. Will these temperature extremes do anything to damage the figures? I don't care about the boxes and/or cardbacks as I'm not a collector that's going to keep them packaged, they will eventually be opened and painted. Thanks

• Like 2

Cold shouldn't be a problem (unless your Winters are actually hitting liquid nitrogen temps). Heat shouldn't be any more of a problem than it is for the figures getting stored in a Texan warehouse.

You might need to boil & bend a few things, but probably they're fine.

Just don't keep your paint out there!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, starwarsgeek said:

Is it safe to store unpainted / still packaged Bones and Bones Black figures in my garage? I'm running out of room here in my workshop so I need to move some of these boxes elsewhere and the only place with room I have right now is the garage. Sadly, my garage isn't insulated too well so it's hot in the summer (right now) and cold (really cold) in the winter. Will these temperature extremes do anything to damage the figures? I don't care about the boxes and/or cardbacks as I'm not a collector that's going to keep them packaged, they will eventually be opened and painted. Thanks

Consider they are stored in the warehouse at Reaper before packaging.  The warehouse is not heated or cooled. Texas summers hit the 110 mark and we have periods of freezing temps in the winters. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sanael said:

Just don't keep your paint out there!

Quoted for emphasis.  Keep the paint safe from freezing!!  Minis should be fine, though.

• Like 2

Normal Bones miniature are actually pretty resilient, the worst you will see is bad warping. im actual in the process of making a temporary cardboard miniature drawers for Storing & sorting my miniatures

• Like 1