Sign in to follow this  
TheAuldGrump

The Blight - Open Thread (Megans Allowed)

Anyone else have any experience with this setting?

At this point I am very much enjoying the planning stages for the Paranormal Investigators, their potential allies, and their potential enemies (who are often the same people).

Definitely looking a trifle on the deadly side, at least for the first adventure.

Though... I am sorely tempted to steal The Haunting of Harrowstone when not running it for my current group. It would fit remarkably well, I think. (Sadly, my group has played through it.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

The Blight is a dark, grim, and nasty place - take all of the worst features of early Victorian London, and magic, necromancy, and an unpredictable connection to another world.

With a population of more than three million - going far, far beyond what normally occurs in a D&D or Pathfinder setting.

Published by Frog God, it is possibly my favorite fantasy setting.

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

I think I will be going human this time, some alternate racial traits that synergize with the alley witch. ::):

SOMEBODY in the group needs to know where things are!

So, human alley witch with mapmind and citysoul in place of the bonus feat and bonus skill rank.

Taking the learned feat from a 3.5 book, gives bonus skill points equaling her Int bonus to be spent on Int based skills, and another skill point for an Int skill each level.

Julie's handed in a trickster.

• Like 1

You know, I think we are looking more like occult detectives than paranormal investigators.

Or maybe urban fantasy detectives.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I think I will be going human this time, some alternate racial traits that synergize with the alley witch. ::):

SOMEBODY in the group needs to know where things are!

So, human alley witch with mapmind and citysoul in place of the bonus feat and bonus skill rank.

Taking the learned feat from a 3.5 book, gives bonus skill points equaling her Int bonus to be spent on Int based skills, and another skill point for an Int skill each level.

Julie's handed in a trickster.

Seems a good fit.

The Auld grump

• Thanks 1

So far we don't have any occult classes, but EVERYONE is a spellcaster.

I wish Julie had stuck with her white necromancer concept, I didn't do anywhere near enough with her white necromancer in Eberron.

Maybe Dunc or Jenny can play an occultist.

But if combat happens, we're squishy.

• Haha 1