Sign in to follow this  
SaintRigger

Sci-fi range?

I heard rumors of a possible sci-fi range. Will it be done like the Dark Heaven and Warlord lines? That would be pretty sweet! I was never really huge on fantasy, as it seemed rather cliched and it seemed like for a time, all the miniatures available were just variations on the same theme - but the reaper line has really captured my imagination (although there are still the same staples)

Having a line of 28mm sci-fi figures would be killer. Anyways, I'll keep searchign through back posts, but any info would be appreciated.

Reaper has been talking about a skirmish-scale sci-fi game almost since CAV was released. There have even been some models sculpted, but only one (General Drake) has been distributed.

Reaper has been talking about a skirmish-scale sci-fi game almost since CAV was released. There have even been some models sculpted, but only one (General Drake) has been distributed.

I *love* the General Drake model. :)

I do have to wonder at the wisdom of tying a Reaper sci-fi line into the CAV universe. Yes, CAV is Reaper's baby, but sci-fi role-players have been looking for a quality set of GENERIC sci-fi miniatures for years and making it exclusive it to a single, specific universe--even an in-house universe--will limit the variety quite a bit. I would love to see Reaper's sci-fi line be a varied as their fantasy line, but if all I'm getting are CAV pilots and CAV soldiers, then I'm going to be really disapointed.

I highly doubt that will be the case. You'll be seeing a number of different species, according to the stuff Matt was saying about CAV 2.0, and we saw a green a few months back of a girl in a somewhat typical tight jumpsuit dual-wielding some type of pistol.

05-04_gun_girl.jpg

I think she's sufficiently non-CAV-Y to fit into just about any sci-fi setting, and at any rate she'd make a great basis for any number of conversions.

*hurk*!

Holy Bovine that gal mit two pistols is great! I must get my hands on her now! (the mini, so I can paint it.... yeah, that's what I really meant...)

Actually, she would look great with either twin pistols as is, or with a little mid she can go sword and pistol, which would look even cooler!

--/scheme...

--LSH

I think the SF range is going to be about as specific as the fantasy ranges, i.e. not very. In several months we might be kicking ourselves as to how specific the DH line looks to the Reaper Adon setting, but I use ALL of mine in D&D (greyhawk) setting, and definitely plan on plundering the SF line for figures for Fading Suns RPG (if only reaper could do a hairy, 6 armed, slightly bear-like alien...).

Damon.

Women apparently have tougher skins. The male has to wear heavy armor, while she dances about the battlefield in lingerie.

The man is actually what was supposed to be a Unique Sergeant model called Sgt. Hans... he is exactly what he looks like he is, a infantry sergeant.

The girl, well, I'd have thought she was some kind of solo or elite, not a full on soldier and more of a 'secondary combatant'.

I definitely see the girl as some sort of special ops while our friend in the armor is definitely a Squishy Line soldier.

I can't wait to see a 28mm crunchy.

Well, I'd like to see the armor design in something other than N-scale, so It doesn't really matter. However, If I get to pick, make it Rach or Malvie. They'll look extra-menacing with the helmets off. :B):